- capcraigAsked on March 24, 2011 at 05:30 PM
I require a Terms and Conditions form on my website with a radio button. If the client selects "accept", they will be automatically forwarded to a registration form. If they select "decline", they are automatically forwarded to the website home page.
How do I do this?
- allanftdAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 06:04 PM
To achieve this, JotForm's Conditions feature should do the trick. To learn more about Conditions, please check out this article: http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Conditional-Logic-on-Forms
To create the Terms and Conditions radio button, please follow these steps:
1) Add a radio button into the form template.
2) Click on the radio button form and select "Options"
3) Delete the original content and replace with Accept and Reject. Reject should be placed below Accept. Click OK.
4) Replace 'Click to edit' beside the radio buttons with the following html code then click OK:
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.your_website_here" rel="nofollow noopener" >Click here</a> for the Terms and Conditions
This is the basic code for adding a hyperlink. You can slightly modify the above code to suit your requirements.
5) Click the "Required" button in the toolbar to convert the radio button into a mandatory field. Then save the form and preview it.
The resulting form should look like this. The hyperlink will open in a new window.
I hope you find this information useful. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- capcraigAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 06:24 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. I'm afraid I don't write code. I could not cut/paste what you sent, but I typed it in, however, when I clicked the require button and previewed it, nothing happend. I looked at the code and it changed, so I did it again but with the same results.
I need to have the Terms and Conditions displayed for scrolling through and to have the radio button at the end. Not sure how to do this. I have created a PDF of the Terms and Conditions.
Do you have any further directions for me?
- allanftdAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 07:01 PM
In order to have a scrolling Terms and Conditions with the radio buttons at the bottom, what I would recommend is to use floating frames or iframes to embed the scrollable text into your website. However, I believe you will need the help of a web programmer to assist you with these steps.
1) Create a new blank webpage and paste your Terms and Conditions into this page. Save the page, for example terms.html in the same directory as where your main webpage is saved.
2) In your main webpage, insert the following code into the place where you want the form to be embedded:
<iframe src="terms.html" width="700" height="800" scrolling=yes frameborder=0>
Adjust the width and height accordingly.
3) At the bottom of the iframe codes in step 2, insert your JotForm embed code. Your form's embed code should look similar like this:
4) Your main webpage should now display the scrolling Terms and Conditions text with the radio buttons directly below it.We hope you find this information useful. Please let us know if you need further assistance.Thank you for using JotForm!JOTFORM SUPPORT