- markashtonAsked on March 06, 2013 at 01:07 PM
Any chance we can get ...
1) Signature in email
2) Signature in reports
Would like to deploy this but currently hopeless
This is a re-post of a comment on Announcing E-Signatures for Forms
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 06, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Good day! With regards to your inquiries;
1. When your user sign the e-Signature field, it will be included in the form notifications as an image file.
2. e-Signature is also attached in reports as link.
- markashtonAnswered on March 06, 2013 at 03:06 PM
You state the above.
I do a submission to happily confirm .... no change whatsover ....
1) No signature in email
2) e-signature attached as a relative url which is utterly hopeless to mankind... needs to be an image as advised.
Please explain how this addresses the currently useless status of the e-signature function that you deployed without doing any basic testing
lokk ... I'm really busy ... I could do with out these wild goose chases unless you've tested them or ... I've got to clear the cache or something.
I look forward to this being useful. Until then ...
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 06, 2013 at 04:07 PM
Please kindly check your settings for item #1, I have it working on my end so I am sure that will also work with you for as long as your settings is correct. Check your form notification variable or tag for the e-Signature field. I am also willing to check that for you if you can share with me the form URL.
With regards to item #2, I will forward this to our Level 2 Support/Developers as a request for further enchancement of the the said field and we'll let you know if we come with updates soon.
I must say that e-Signature field is working fine.
- markashtonAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 07:08 AM
I've spent 45 minutes trying to get the signature to come through on a notification email.
Here's the result ... If you use the default template without editing it at all ... you will get a signature.
If you edit the html of the jotform notification email ... in any way ... no signature.
I suggest you try this ....
1) Create a notification email.
2) Remove all the html
3) Add the signature field ....
Do you get a signature comning through?
Can someone test this properly please ... as a developer should ... try and break it.
Who do I send the bill to for my testing time?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 09:02 AM
Thanks for the additional information on how you've re-created that particular issue. I have this noted to the report as well.
Thanks for your time explaining this to us. Much appreciated.
- markashtonAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 09:14 AM
Hang on a minute .... Nothing's changed since the first time I reported these issues has it?
Look at these threads ...
So I've spent 45 mins testing this ... when I'd already advised you on it before ... you didn't read any earlier posts ??
I tell you what ... I'll have Jotform Premium free for 6 months please?
For wasting my time :-(
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 09:32 AM
All of that threads has already been forwarded to our developers and so with this thread, we will surely inform you if there's an update about that. While waiting, I would suggest you to change your form notification into HTML format so you will see the signatures submitted by your users.
Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
- markashtonAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 09:42 AM
Come off it ... read over the thread and you'll see I'm not using a text format for email.
I don't want to hang around waiting ... you lot released something that hasn't been tested properly and have totally wasted my time ... and your advisory in this thread initiated me to test again ... when nothing had been changed from all my previous posts ...
So, I have no patience and understanding on this matter.
Take it off ... IT DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY ... otherwise someone else will waste their time trying to get it to work only to realise that they can't get it to a market-ready standard.
- gpamnAnswered on May 17, 2013 at 04:39 PM
I was just having a similar issue with the signature image not being displayed in the Notification email message. I realized that my mail server was being cautious by not displaying images in the message. I had to click "Show Images" in order for the signature image to appear.
Hope that helps!
- alp_denizAnswered on May 22, 2013 at 03:17 AM
This was enlightening. Thank you very much!