- macpoohAsked on March 13, 2013 at 09:30 AM
I have my form's source code embedded on my site. I have changed the customer thank you page's URL but the form is still redirecting the old URL. Is there something in the source code and/or files that determines the redirect because I have done a global search on my site for the URL and have found nothing. Thanks for the help.Page URL:
- glennleeAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 09:55 AM
Sorry fo your inconvenience. Can you please try to clear your browser cache. I will also clear your form cache in our end. Please try it again.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
In addition to glennlee's response, to ensure that we're not missing some details, can you provide us the old custom URL and the new one so if in case we try, we can find out if it's already fixed or not?
- macpoohAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Yeah, I have cleared the cache many times. This is not the issue and I have submitted the form since receiving your response and still no change. The old URL was storyized.com/varpost.php (which is still being used on another form) and the new is storyized.com/varpost1.php
- KadeJMAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I noticed at the beginning of this thread you mentioned that you used the form's source code as the embed method. Have you tried re-embedding the source code of the form after you've updated it to see if this helps any?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM
The fastest solution so far that I could think of is to clone the form and use the cloned form instead.
If this is a not recommended solution for you, please do let us know.
- macpoohAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 01:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but these are very long forms and I have made extensive modifications to them so cloning is really not a good option. Besides, if the redirect is not a part of the form source code, how could this possibly change anything?
- jefreylandichoAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 02:12 PM
I have checked your form custom url thank you page and the url is still set to
I also notice that you are using httpss which is not a valid address protocol while converting it https leads to a link with an invalid certificate.
I would recommend using http: adress protocol until you have resolved your website SSL certificate issue.
If the issue still persist, please contact us again.
- macpoohAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 02:22 PM
Ok, you guys have another problem then. I corrected that URL days ago. When I look at Jotform's custom URL section, the URL is exactly what it should be (https://storyized.com/varpost1.php). Your forms are not updating the DB is this particular section.
- jefreylandichoAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 02:47 PM
I have checked your form and was able to see tha you have already updated the URL of your form.
The update I saw in your notification was httpss://storyized.com/varpost1.php and the form last modification was March 10, 2013.
Unless we are able to replicate the same issue you are experiencing, we will be unable to report it as a bug.
Please contact us again if the update issue you experiencing still persists so we may forward it to our developers for further investigations.
- macpoohAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 02:47 PM
Think about it. If the form was using the URL that you say you are seeing (httpss://storyized.com/varpost1.php), the form, when submitted, would not be redirected to storyized.com/varpost.php, it wouldn't go anywhere because httpss://storyized.com/varpost1.php is not a valid URL. So, if fact, you guys have a couple of problems on your end.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 03:11 PM
Hello again macpooh. After looking around your form, I found out that the issue is not about any cache. It's on your conditions. I've made the change to make it redirect to your correct URL. But to make sure, please take a look at your conditions and then save again the form.
If you need further assistance, please do let us know.
- macpoohAnswered on March 13, 2013 at 03:30 PM
- macpoohAnswered on March 14, 2013 at 10:06 AMThanks for the suggestion but these are very long forms and have made extensive modifications to them so cloning is really not a good option.
- khrisellAnswered on July 05, 2013 at 04:51 PMGreetings!We are happy to announce that we have released Jotform Webhooks, this feature would replace Send Post Data + Custom URL Thank You Page workaround in order to help you transfer forms data to your own database using your own script codes.
To know more about Jotform Webhooks, please click here.
Thank you for using JotForm. :)