- sunilvAsked on March 18, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Type is entered in to a text box and looks fine before submitting. Then, when returning to the form to make further changes, the type entered in the text box looks grayed out like hint copy would.
If one leaves the copy that now looks hinted and hits submit, the text disappears upon returning to the form.
Please help.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 18, 2013 at 08:53 PM
Finally I was able to reproduce the problem. I will forward this to our development team for further investigation. You will be informed here once it's fixed.
Our apologies for the inconveniences caused.
- JotForm SupportkennethAnswered on March 21, 2013 at 08:19 AM
Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it. so I did a quick fix right away. Sorry for the delay though, seems to be a bug when default data and a hint are combined. Please do a test and post back if the problem still persist.
- sunilvAnswered on March 21, 2013 at 06:26 PMHi Kenneth,Thanks for your response. But the problem still exists.I've been using the forms successfully for a year or so. This issue just came up a few weeks ago, when there was an update released.It looks like the solution is to remove all hint copy. It seems to work then.Thanks! Sunil
- jeanettebmzAnswered on March 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Kenneth will surely get back to you ASAP
- JotForm SupportkennethAnswered on March 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Hey sunilv, thanks for reporting back, have you tried to clean your browser cache? Also can you confirm that you have put a hint on the textarea as well as Default data and then the problem is the default data looks like a hint? if so. I did a quick fix to it, you just need to clean your browser cache, to be able to get rid of the bug. Here is a sample for you.