- robinowsleyAsked on March 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM
. . . and I'm wondering if you're just not attending to that ticket anymore because the last response, now a few hours ago, said the problem was fixed. Maybe you consider the problem closed now?
But, it's not fixed, I assure you. Still very much NOT fixed. I would very much like it to be fixed. Please, fix it?
It's the last thing other than this that I responded to, and that's still here, hopefully you can load this?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 01:02 PM
I have responded to your original thread. Please kindly check and do my suggestions.
- robinowsleyAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 01:08 PM
I did. I don't think your suggestions were valid, I think my form is broken. I would appreciate additional tech support.
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on March 19, 2013 at 01:57 PM
From the previous thread, you said this is the only form that is broken. Is there a chance that there is some interference in your website that specifically handles visitor's IP address. Perhaps a modification on HTTP headers, something that can interfere with JotForm getting the visitor's IP address. It is possible some script is mixing up with the form.
Is this happening as well if you just use the form by itself(not embedded)?
- robinowsleyAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 03:07 PM
The form itself was broken. It still is. It is not possible that this is something on my end, no again.
Please see the other thread, I elaborated yet again over there, thanks.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 03:40 PM
We'll be updating you on the same thread.