- rudydareeventemediaitAsked on March 25, 2013 at 06:32 AM
We have a little problem: we're working on a form in dutch language (from an italian model already created), but the address labels (address, address 2, city etc.) do not change as we copy-paste the new traslated text.
We'd like to have the word 'Address' traslated with 'Adres' and so on...as I try putting in the new text, it remains the same.
What can we do? We can't leave the italian one...
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I have cleared the cache on your forms from our end. I checked your form and on my end the text has updated to the desired language.
Are you still having the issue?
Please let us know and we'll be glad to assist you!
- rudydareeventemediaitAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 04:58 PM
I tried again now, but we still have this problem. We need this fixed in a few hours because our customers are going to fill out the forms in some hours...could you please take a look asap?
- rudydareeventemediaitAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 04:59 PM
The problem is that if we change the sub labels with a different language text, they remain the same. We need to change 'Indirizzo' with the dutch word, but it still remains 'Indirizzo' (italian)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 05:55 PM
Like Ed, I'm unable to see problem. It shows the translated words on my end.
Kindly try to clear your browser's cache and cookies and recheck the form.
May I ask if you have embedded your form somewhere else? If yes, let us know the website URL so we can check it here.
- rudydareeventemediaitAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 06:12 PM
The problem is not the word 'Adres' which is correctly shown, but the words 'Indirizzo, Indirizzo 2, Città, Codice Postale and Paese' which are italian words.
We want to change them with their dutch translations: we double click on the sublabes to change that, we write the dutch translation, we save but we still see the italian words and not the new dutch ones we just put in.
This is a screenshot what we tried to do, but we don't see as we save (we always see the old sublabels).
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Thanks for reporting. I was able to replicate the problem. Let me forward this to our maintenance team so they'll be provide a fix as soon as possible.
Our apologies for the inconveniences caused.
- rudydareeventemediaitAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 07:05 PM
I wait to have news in this thread.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 07:38 PM
Thank you for your patience Francesco. You will be informed here once the problem has been sorted. Thanks!
- rudydareeventemediaitAnswered on March 26, 2013 at 06:48 PM
News about it? Do you have possibility to fix it within the next 12/18 hours? We have our course (linked to the form) starting in the next 24 hours, we need it for that time
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 26, 2013 at 09:34 PM
Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, we do not have updates as of the moment. Don't worry, we will inform you rigth away once this is corrected.
Thank you for your patience!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 19, 2013 at 05:56 AM
Let me please inform you that this bug has been fixed.
Our apologies for the latency.