- bemuseAsked on April 01, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I recently transferred ownership of the domain where I link up the forms. Got this message this morning on one form but others are working successfully. Should I remake the form? Is there another solution?
Screen shot below!
- newschoolAnswered on April 01, 2013 at 11:52 AM
We are experiencing the same issue on our forms as well. cb
- jefreylandichoAnswered on April 01, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I can see the form without any issue in my end. Can you please try clearing your browser cache or embedding it using a different method like IFRAME and see if the issue still persists?
If the issue still persist, please contact us again.
- justinwadeAnswered on April 01, 2013 at 12:03 PM
We are having the same issue. This issue is not seeing the form. You will get an error once you submit it. Please advise
- bemuseAnswered on April 01, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I changed it to an iframe embed and it worked perfectly.
- justinwadeAnswered on April 01, 2013 at 12:12 PM
It seems that the server (or whatever it was) is fixed on my end also.
- newschoolAnswered on April 01, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Changing to iframe is not a true option unless you are discontunuing the script option. We have hundreds of forms in action. Is this the case?
- jefreylandichoAnswered on April 01, 2013 at 12:31 PM
It is a temporary or probably a network error which should resolved itself automatically. Please try checking your form again and see if the issue still persist as I tested it and it seems to be working fine without any issue here.