- ubmdesigncentralAsked on April 03, 2013 at 08:27 PM
I would like to create a drop down field/form that has the capability to select multiple options within the drop down. I do not want to use checkboxes unless they have a scroll capability, please help!!!!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 03, 2013 at 08:54 PM
The dropdown field have the size property.
If you increase the size number, the dropdown will be able to display more than 1 item and multiple selection can be done.
Here is a test form http://www.jotformpro.com/form/30919131867964
- 4mjpAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 04:31 AM
I have managed this part, but want to be able to select more than one item in the drop down ?
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 04:46 AM
Just simply press and hold CTRL button for windows and Command/Apple key for Mac (the loopy asterisk) when selecting multiple options.
- 4mjpAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 04:50 AM
I've managed the form build aspect using CTRL, it's when the user uses the form and wants to select more than one option from the drop down
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 05:43 AM
The user would simply need do the same as you have. You could include a note explaining the procedure to the user, as I've done in this clone of Jonathan's form. Is that what you meant?
- 4mjpAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 05:47 AMGreat, thanks.
How do you insert the note ?
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 05:43:23 -0400
Subject: Re: How can I create a drop down field with multi select?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 06:11 AM
My apologies, I should have explained that. With the form loaded in the form builder, do the following:
1. Click the drop down field to which the note is to be attached
2. In the toolbar at the top of the builder, click the Hover Text button
3. Enter the note and click OK when done
Should you require additional assistance, we'd be glad to help.