- wyracrewAsked on April 05, 2013 at 02:05 PM
I'm updating my website and decided to check my links before publishing the pages and was shocked to find that none of my Jotform pages are working. I'm getting an error saying "secure connection failed. An error occurred during a connection to secure.jotform.us. Peer's Certificate has been revoked. Error code sec_error_revoked_certificate.
Please help! Are you systems down? Has there been an update that I somehow didn't get? What's going on?????
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 05, 2013 at 02:12 PM
We are very sorry for the inconveniences caused.
That problem should be already fixed. Can you please try to open the form again?
If it is still showing the error, you may try to clear your browser cache, then re-check it.
Thank you for using our service.
- wyracrewAnswered on April 05, 2013 at 02:25 PMThanks. Clearing the chache seemed to do the trick. May I ask what the initial problem was?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 05, 2013 at 02:27 PM
You are welcome. It was a temporary problem with the SSL certificate on s 'secure.jotform.us' domain, and our Technicians have fixed it.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- wyracrewAnswered on April 12, 2013 at 04:44 PMMy site seems to be having this problem again. I have customers who are having trouble registering on our site. I cleared my cache on my own computer but none of the forms are working. This is becoming very distressing. Please help!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 12, 2013 at 05:14 PM
Julie, once again, please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused.
The problem should be fixed.
Also, there is one thing that you can apply. If you Clone any form, cloned form will be created on a different domain (for Premium users), and it should add an extra protection. Please consider using cloned versions of your forms.
- wyracrewAnswered on April 12, 2013 at 05:21 PMI've cleared my cache and refreshed the page but I'm still getting the same error message. Any ideas? Do you know why this keeps happening?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 12, 2013 at 05:36 PM
Unfortunately, something went wrong with the SSL certificate on our secure.jotform.us domain today. That address was switched to security proxy provider with another SSL certificate installed. We will do our best to fix it on a permanent basis.
I think that the website address was not updated from your side, it can be related either to your ISP DNS or your local DNS cache. Please try to clear your local DNS cache, then re-check the service: