- csvaasanAsked on April 05, 2011 at 09:00 AM
I would like to use JotForm to create a form as in http://wfindia.com/referral.php, along with Validation, Form 2 Email, Thanks Page...
I tried my best, but not able to create Form Expansion based on drop-down selection...
Some one pls help to achieve it in JotForms...
With advance thanks,
Chennai, India.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 11:59 AM
What you can do first is gather the details. Identify each fields that should be in your form.
Let's put this as an example:
In the image below, we want option1 textbox and option2 textbox fields to be hidden and show up only when the dropdown menu gets selected (see screenshot):
To be able to do this we need to go to Setup & Embed tab then Click Conditions
Then follow these steps:
1.Click Show / Hide a form field then click the next button
2. You need to hide the fields first before you want them to show up. So choose the dropdown field in the IF condition and choose the field to hide in the THEN condition. In this condition, we chose "Click to edit" in the IF condition with the value "Is Empty". In the THEN condition we chose "Hide" of the option1 textbox field. Create another condition for the option2 textbox field.
3. When you preview the form you will notice that option1 textbox and option2 textbox fields are not showing up anymore. When you select the dropdown, both will eventually show up. This means the condition is working properly.
4. Now go back to the conditions and create another one. This time the way how to show up the fields. Do this in both option1 textbox and option2 textbox.
5. Lastly you can see in the list of saved conditions, you have a total of 4 conditions.
To view the end result, here's a working form of the sample I gave you: https://www.jotform.com/form/10945135706
Hope this helps.