- BCCCCAsked on April 08, 2013 at 04:22 PM
I am trying to download a csv or excel file with Safari, on my iPad. I have a spreadsheet app (iSpreadsheet). I'm logged in to JotForm, and I'm looking at my submissions from a form. When I click on Download as "CSV" or "Excel", I get the message "Generating", but then nothing happens. When I open iSpreadsheet, I don't see the excel or csv file.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 08, 2013 at 04:49 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
I think that mobile browser can not handle the download from our site. You can try to upload the submission Excel file from your computer to the iCloud and then open it using iPad.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
- BCCCCAnswered on April 08, 2013 at 04:52 PM
Thanks. Would it work with a different browser (Chrome or Firefox for iPad)?
We are hoping to review form answers at an event, and don't want to have to take the extra step to upload to the iCloud.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 08, 2013 at 05:21 PM
You can try it, but there are no any guarantees. The form builder was designed for the desktop browsers in the first place.
If there is an internet connection available on your event, you may also consider using light weight online reports:
- BCCCCAnswered on April 08, 2013 at 10:01 PMThanks. Building the HTML page seems to be the best option. And it works in chrome and safari on the iPad. Thanks for the suggestion. Dina
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 08, 2013 at 11:21 PM
In behalf of the Jotform Team, you are always welcome! Thanks