- hardcoremuscleAsked on April 05, 2011 at 01:42 PM
I was wondering if there was a way that I can obtain the IP address from an order that was submitted?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 02:21 PM
To view the IP of submissions:
1. Go to your "My Forms" page and click the form containing submissions from users whose IP addresses you would like to view.
2. Click "Submissions"
3. Directly under the "Delete" button should be a little icon that looks like a gear. Clicking it will reveal a menu
4. In that menu, click "IP"
In the submissions table you will now see the IP addresses for all of the submissions.
Hopefully, this helped. Thanks for asking.
- hardcoremuscleAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 03:17 PM
I have done that and it comes up with a error on page. Is there a another way to obtain that information?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 11:36 PM
I checked your form and the submissions and I was able to have the IP address displayed using Abajan's instructions.
But anyway, if you're having problems doing so, you can instead create reports, so you will be able to see every details in the submissions including IP addresses.
1. Go to the "My Forms" page. Click the form in question.
2. Click "Reports", then "Add New Report".
3. This will bring up a popup with a list of report options. You may choose any, but Excel would be ideal so you can have a copy of the submissions in your local computer. Of course, it is up to you to choose what you want.
4. A dialog window will appear containing the fields with checkboxes on their left. Be sure to check "IP Address" and all the other important fields. You can also set a password to prevent other people from spying on your submissions. Click Next.
5. You will then be given a link to your report, be it Excel, CSV, HTML Table, etc.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.
- hardcoremuscleAnswered on April 06, 2011 at 04:57 AM
Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate your help!
- jtoorishAnswered on June 04, 2011 at 07:33 PM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 04, 2011 at 07:58 PM
That's quite alright, jtoorish. We're always glad to help our users get the most out of their forms.