- truckersamericaAsked on April 10, 2013 at 09:54 AM
How large can a form be before performance is substantially slowed?
I created a form that is rather large with many conditions and pages. When I go to use the form through the embed link, it takes quite a while for it to load. The response time while filling out the form on things like the drop-down menu's is also considerably slower than most forms.
Is this normal? Is there a way to improve the performance?
- KadeJMAnswered on April 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Your Form's Performance is relatively fast when being used and viewed normally however, several other things can be factored into this to affect it.
(1) Computer System & Specs - Results can vary depending on your Machine's System and how fast it can read and process the pages when visiting the form. This would mostly have to do with your Processor, Ram, and Harddrive Space/Usage.
(2) Internet Speed - This can also affect it because of your location, how fast the data is sent and recieved, including how fast your Internet Hardware can transfer and collect this information.
(3) Long Form - This is normally relatively fast and even faster when broken up into pages using the Pagebreak Tool but can appear to take longer because of how long it is. Now if you are editing the form in the Formbuilder this may take some time depending on (1) and (2) also.
- KadeJMAnswered on April 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I almost forgot to Mention one other important one -
(4) Server - This can also additionally be factored into it since this depends on your location which our system uses your IP to detect this to give you optimal performance but if a server in your area is down it may reroute you to a different server which may not be as close. The same goes for people visiting your form. Besides that, also the server load itself can affect this. We have several different servers but there are well over 1+ Million users here on jotform and that's alot so if too many people are visiting forms for accounts this can sometimes slow down the responsetime slightly but usually this issues clears up quickly or we correct it quickly.
- truckersamericaAnswered on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM
The entire form is actually broken up by pages, so I'm not sure if that is helping or not. I also am very familiar with hardware specifications and networking in regards to computers. The computer's that we are currently using should not have any issue reading this form, and our internet is consistently 25MB Down and 5MB Up.
Here is the link to the form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/30973952280964
Could you please let me know if it is slow on your end as well? We are currently using this smaller version of the form which loads quickly and with little-no error on a consistent basis: https://secure.jotform.com/form/11465606545
Maybe it has something to do with the new 'jotformpro'??
- jefreylandichoAnswered on April 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I notice some hiccups on the dropdown selection when selecting a choice. I have forwarded your concern to our developers for further investigation regarding this issue.
- truckersamericaAnswered on April 10, 2013 at 01:12 PM
I appreciate it! Do you know when to expect a response/solution? We are attempting to get this form out by Monday the 15th if at all possible. Please let me know!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 10, 2013 at 02:35 PM
We have found that this is happening due to enabled 'Continue Forms Later' option on your form. The form is really long, and it is taking time and resources to save the answers.
You can disable that option to solve the issue, alternatively, change a Timeout parameter to 30 seconds (it might help a little).
The Development Team will check this, but there are no guarantees that the 'Continue Forms Later' can work fast on large forms.
We will keep you updated via this thread.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 11, 2013 at 06:18 AM
Can you try Mike's suggestion for saving every 30 seconds and if the problem continues let us know?
- truckersamericaAnswered on April 12, 2013 at 08:30 AM
Sorry; I am just getting to this!
Both solutions worked. =) The first solution on disabling the autofill was successful. Also, the second solution of changing it to 30 seconds while enabled was successful!
Thanks so much for the help/support; it's always appreciated and JotForm has been quick about helping in the past as well. Thanks!
- DomiAnswered on March 09, 2017 at 03:47 PM
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on March 10, 2017 at 03:22 AM
I have split the thread in order to assist better by our support team as you can find it at the following link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1087753
You are going to be answered at that link.