- quickstartcrmAsked on April 12, 2013 at 05:37 AM
I have set up integration with Zogo CRM and my JotForm and most records have coem through correctly into my ZoHo CRM account as Leads which is fine and correct.
However when I was testing to see if it would give error messages (e.g. if I have entered a Text into a field on my Jot Form whihc is mapped to a Numeric field in ZoHo CRM). The record is NOT processed (i.e it does not come through to ZoHo CRM which is Correct) BUT no error message sor EMails are provided So if my customers did this I would not know if it has succeded or NOT.
Please could you advise on how I can get some proper error messgaes for these kind oif scenarios.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 12, 2013 at 08:42 AM
Good day and thanks for contacting us.
Please set a validation to the Text Box field, set it to "Numeric";
- quickstartcrmAnswered on April 12, 2013 at 04:40 PM
Thanks for the response. That was just an example scenario. The mian point is how do I know if a customer has entered some information incorrectly on the JotForm and teh information has not come through to ZoHo CRM.
At the moment even if you submit a JotForm without correct ZoHo CRM information it will stay Form submitted correctly.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 12, 2013 at 05:45 PM
BUT the form will not be submitted if the user provided the incorrect information in the form.
The form not being submitted will also result in the Zoho CRM not processing the form anymore.
As Welvin suggested, if you capture the incorrect information on the form's side, you will be able to prevent the user from sending incorrect information to Zoho and there will be no need for Zoho to give notifications about it.
I hope I was able to understand and answer you correctly. Please continue updating us should you have further inquiry about it.
- quickstartcrmAnswered on April 13, 2013 at 06:04 AMhi,thank you for looking at this. i understand yout point does that mean that the validation on jotform and on zoho crm for the field has to be the same?my query was that if the validations are different on jotform and on zoho there is no error reporting. What i would have liked to have seen was if jot form completed successfully but for some reason was unable to send to zoho (or any other 3rd party integration) then it would be nice to get an error reporting email from jotform to say that the submission did not get through.keeping validations in sync ibetween jotform and the other application not always straight forward regards, riaz
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 13, 2013 at 07:08 AM
I know your main concern from the start that is why I have suggested you to set "Validations" to the field to prevent user to submit the incorrect data. If you'll do this, you will surely fix the rest without having the other function such as error messages that field entries do not match with 3rd party fields.
To make it simple, a sort of validations between matching fields during integration. If the field in Jotform is Numeric, the field in Zoho (let say) is also Numeric. If this two do not match, it will give you an error, reminding you to correct that.
Anyway, I have this thread forwarded to our Level 2 Support/Developers as Feature Request. We'll let you know for updates.