- theviamusicAsked on April 06, 2011 at 06:24 PM
When I go on my form, this is what shows up:This form has exceeded its allocated quota.
What eactly does this mean, and how can I get my forms back up?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 06, 2011 at 07:30 PM
I checked your account and it seems that you have used up your allocated quota for secure submissions which is 10 although you still have a lot of regular submissions allowance left.
To be able to use up your regular submissions quota, re-embed your form, this time unchecking the Secure Form checkbox.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.
- theviamusicAnswered on April 06, 2011 at 08:50 PM
- ElBodorrioAnswered on April 01, 2016 at 05:13 AM
I've got exactly the same issue... my form exceeded the quota when I didn't sent it to that many people, how can I fix this?
- HubersonAnswered on April 01, 2016 at 10:42 AM
You get form over quota error when the allocated monthly submissions reach its limit. To fix this you can either wait for the first day of next month or upgrade your account to get more submissions. See Pricing page.
Hope that answer your concern.
- HubersonAnswered on April 21, 2016 at 12:20 PM
Your concern has been moved to another thread and will be addressed there. Please refer to it from this URL: https://www.jotform.com/answers/823686.