- avonlojaAsked on April 07, 2011 at 12:48 PM
I ask for your opinion on some issues i'm facing.
I inserted the embed code into yola, in the html widget, but after i preview publishing, some errors arrise:
- Fields with validation to text, do not accept words with accents loke á, ê, ...., and in Portuguese there are many of those. For this reason i had to delete validation from those fields;
- When someone cliks in a required field, but wants to fill another field first, and then cliks on it, the field required message apears in red, and changes the layout of the form, creating some confusion. That happens when the warning text is larger then the field whith. That's why i changed warning to a shorter lenght;
- In every warning text, appears at the end "Click to Edit", but I want to change that to portuguese, where can i do it?
- I have 100 sends for now, and tests count as sends, even when done inside your website with preview, that's not right
- Is there a way to have some emails templates, and respond to people that had just registered not one by one, but several at a time?
Thanks in advanced.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 08, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Issue #1: It is best to delete validation from those forms, as "alphabetic" in the validation options refers only to the English alphabet.
Issue #2: That is how warning messages are. They may mess up your form's layout a bit if your form is not properly optimized. Best solution I can give is to adapt your fields to how the warning messages places itself in the form.
Issue #3: I can see that this is a bug. I have submitted a report ticket for this issue so that our developers will be notified.
Issue #4: It may not sound right but that's just the way it is. I suggest that you minimize wasted submissions to conserve your sends allocation.
Issue #5: No, there is no mass e-mail feature yet. That question has been asked for a couple of times, we have already submitted request ticket for that feature although it has not been implemented yet. We cannot guarantee implementation of feature requests.
Hope this information is useful. Thank you for your understanding.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 08, 2011 at 02:24 PM
Please do not make threads with list of questions. Instead create a separate thread for question or problem. This way we can connect bug tickets or feature request tickets with your forum entry. Our developers can also track the threads more easily when you have a thread title that describes the problem instead of saying something like "Some issues that needs fixing and some doubts".
Another reason we use forum is to see interest from our users. When there is a feature request and a lot of people post on the same thread we know there is interest for this feature. When you have a forum thread with a non-descriptive title and list of unrelated questions, there is no way for other users to join in the discussion.
I have to cancel this ticket, since I do not want our already-incredibly-busy developers to spent half an hour trying to understand the issue. If you would like us to open a bug ticket regarding the click-to-edit problem, please create a new thread only about that problem. Thanks.