- rms1985Asked on April 20, 2013 at 06:23 PM
I have a good number of questions as of now as well as a good idea of the logic of how to work through my needs, but will need a lot of caring assistance from your excellent technical team to get my form #1 up and running successfully
currently and for starters, the address box and the preceding dropdown selection in each page are not properly working despite the conditions being setup to my best understanding. and quite frankly after a good few serial hours of playing with coinditions and setting up the rest of this very long form, i feel a little burned out and cannot seem to find my own mistake or what could be causing these malfunctions.
for hourly, daily, and extended, everything is working nicely except these show/hide conditions for address and location dropdowns and i cannot figure out why
Once I can get passed this, then I have needs for some custom bits of code to make certain things happen (as have been mentioned in some previous threads and helped by especially abajan, things like calculating difference between two date fields and two time fields, assigning a rate in each scnario/section of daily/hourly/extended so that the caulcualted hours or days can then be multiplied by the rate and a final rental cost be the result. Those threads are not practical to follow up with since we changed username for search/confidentiality issues, eltonchris knows. I will one by one ask about those again once i do my best effort and get these other more trivial affairs taken care of)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 21, 2013 at 01:06 AM
Thanks for contacting us. One thing I found out why this isn't working because the "&" (ampersand) sysmbol is present on the options for the form questions;
EXT To receive the car
DAY To receive the car
To return the car
To receive the car
If you will set a conditional logic to a field options containing this symbol will trigger the conditional logic settings not to work properly.
To fix that, please kindly change the ampersand symbol to the word "and" then update the conditional logic to the same settings.
Please let us know for the results after that.
- rms1985Answered on April 21, 2013 at 09:00 AM
2 folds response:
1. THANK YOU! you pointed out the culprit right on
2. as i have created another thread about duplicated elemenets and title or content not changing without editing the properties section (even if its a dummy edit), i must point out that conditions section does not pickup on changes made inside the form.... i had to change the &s twice, once in the form, to no avail because the conditions still used old text with & in it, and obviously a 2nd time within the conditions. this was only 6 fields, but i have one very long and a bit complicated of a form here and really need this bug to go away... i cant imagine at the end of the day what i will have to go through trying to change back all of the codenamed fields to normal readable user-facing text without breaking all of my 150+ conditions which took me an entire day or more to setup...
please look into these two issues.
so, as of now, my conditions are working once the text inside conditions was edited. moving on to new challenges to resolve about this form. gotta find abajan or one of you code geniuses cuz i've got js needs!!!! i know i got them, but i will post in a separate thread for those. thanks anyway
- jeanettebmzAnswered on April 21, 2013 at 02:03 PM
I have opened a ticket regarding to Conditional logics and special characters such as &
For future issues, we would appreciate if you open a separate thread for each single problem so we can treat them indvidually in a more effective way.
- rms1985Answered on April 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM
i did do that, just reminded and mentioned one issue in another's thread, of eerily similar looking nature to me. but ok.