- secolorAsked on April 26, 2013 at 04:26 PM
FTP Problems with your forms.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 26, 2013 at 04:57 PM
I have reseted your SSL counter to zero to avoid overlimits, take note that we can not do this again.
I can't seem to find any submission with your FTP Form, may we know exactly the problem you've encountered? I would suggest not to use secure form (https) yet if you'd like to make tests to your form to avoid overlimits. Note that free user's SSL Limit is 10/month.
We'll be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!
- cr3250Answered on April 26, 2013 at 08:13 PM
I have waisted so many of my forms (about 25) testing my form, and running it by everyone. I am worrying that by the time everyone tests it (we are talking governmental ok), that all my 100 forms will be used up. I feel for this user...:( (Don't reset my counter.)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 27, 2013 at 04:33 AM
Let me just clarify, are you are referring to the 100 submission limit, right? Also, your problem is about FTP;
1. Is it files are not uploading when you setup FTP?
2. Is it your initial setup do not work - test connection failed?
Can you please explain that further? Can you please share with us what particular form that you'd like to setup FTP? Basically, we have a guide for that: How to Enable FTP on Form Submissions.
Also, resetting your submissions limit doesn't delete any existing submissions within your form. It's just the counter resets back to zero. No data are lost, no need to worry - if that's the case here. :)