- beautifulcanvasAsked on April 27, 2013 at 09:18 AM
- jefreylandichoAnswered on April 27, 2013 at 02:29 PM
If you are still having an issue with the Global Sign Seal, please contact us again.
- beautifulcanvasAnswered on April 27, 2013 at 03:33 PM
java is enabled, i can see the seal but only to tell me to enable java, this is the same with my 4 other pc's laptop and smartphone of which i had no issue before today
- jeanettebmzAnswered on April 27, 2013 at 09:55 PM
So , this might be a bug that needs to be addressed to 2nd level.
You should get an update about this on this thread
- beautifulcanvasAnswered on April 28, 2013 at 06:18 PM
ok thanks, I await good news.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 01, 2013 at 06:24 AM
We have switched from GlobalSign to Comodo (PositiveSSL) as our SSL provider. Kindly re-add the seal to your forms and save the changes so that the new SSL logo will be displayed on your forms.
- beautifulcanvasAnswered on May 01, 2013 at 10:06 AMIs this new seal clickable in order to view the certificate ?
Sent from Samsung Mobile
- KadeJMAnswered on May 01, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Hi, yes it should be clickable however, when I doublechecked this for you I found that there was a problem in regards to the new security seal where it was still displaying the old secure logo on the form instead of the new one and we do apologize about that. I've reopened this ticket and notified our developers to get it fixed for you asap.
- beautifulcanvasAnswered on May 03, 2013 at 05:43 PM
Seriously !! , I have changed my forms to show the comodo positive SSL, its there in the form ok, but click preview and i get global sign ???? , check my web pages and its global sign !!! what is going on guys ?
confused ? i know i am.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 03, 2013 at 06:38 PM
Good day! It is still under development. Ticket is already opened again, and our developer is already assigned into this matter.
We'll update you again.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your patience and understanding.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 06, 2013 at 01:20 PM
Sorry for the troubles caused. Your forms should now display the PositiveSSL badge.
By the way, the badge is not clickable as Comodo does not explicitly provide a script for such an option. We are still in communication with Comodo regarding this matter.
We will inform you in case of a positive news.
- asotnikoffAnswered on April 28, 2014 at 01:45 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 28, 2014 at 02:18 PM
I have moved your inquiry into a new thread, and will get back to you quickly.