- scottAsked on April 28, 2013 at 03:53 PM
When a file upload is used in a form where is that document stored? I'm not sure I want to use Dropbox What are some other options? and what is filepicker.io? Lookiing for a file storage solution. Would love it I could send files directly to my site server. That way I would know it's secure with my SSL certificate.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 28, 2013 at 05:07 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
When you use the file upload field on your form, copy of uploaded files are stored in jotform server.
Would love it I could send files directly to my site server. That way I would know it's secure with my SSL certificate.
I suggest using the FTP integration, as this will not require you anymore 3rd party storage solution like dropbox or google drive. And using FTP, you can send the files into your own website file server.
I'd like to inform you though that JotForm is not a file storage solution provider... so, it maybe different than those that really offers such exact service.
Hope this help. Inform us if you have further inquiry.
- falkirksAnswered on April 28, 2013 at 07:32 PMI notice that jonathon didn't tell you exactly what filepicker.io does.
I am a huge filepicker.io user. It is not a storage service as some confuse it as one. Basically what it does it lets a user download or upload files to and from the cloud instead of from the computer. This comes in especially handy on mobile devices that don't support file uploading. For more info check out Filepicker.io
- falkirksAnswered on April 28, 2013 at 07:34 PMFilepicker.io won't store the files it will drop them in an amazon web services bucket that you have to purchase form amazon. They can store the files for limited amounts of time though.
- sclark05Answered on April 29, 2013 at 09:34 AM
Thanks for the responses. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM
You are welcome. It's our pleasure to help. Contact us for any questions or concerns you may have again.
Have a great day!