- ebizzAsked on April 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I guess you already know about the issue that has been reported many times already today :
We don't get notifications nor autoresponders on our webforms which we use since years with no recent adaptions.We didn't touch the notification or autoresponder email addresses and the mails are not in my spam folders.
We also work with godaddy email (and with Thunderbird). Apparently the problem exists already since at least past night (customer complains!).
Our business really depends on those forms.
So I hope you can solve this issue very quickly.
URL of one of our forms : www.ukashreselling.com/pad
- sidharth_kchAnswered on April 29, 2013 at 02:26 PM
I just did a test submission on your form and i received the auto-response.
Request you to change your notification "Sender Email" to "firstname.lastname@example.org". This should solve your issue.
Let us know if you continue to have this issue.
Hi - Seem the issue you are having is related to people using Godaddy as an email service. They are blocking the emails from JotForm. I already spoke to Godaddy and they have requested a copy of the bounceback email you receive so that resolve this..
- ebizzAnswered on April 30, 2013 at 06:24 AM
Though your suggestion seems to work, that can only be a temporary solution :
* Normally the field for 'Sender e-mail" should contain the sender's address.
* Now the notifications that we receive show "Jotform builder" as the sender. This means, we can't identify the sender in the mailbox and we have to open a notification to see the sender's name.
* But worst of all : I also have to adapt all our web forms !
It's a bit strange : this form http://www.ukashreselling.com/paymentannounceNATWEST doesn't have the problem !
I think that this means that the problem has nothing to see with Godaddy or Thunderbird.
Can this help to solve the problem ?
Thanks for your support.
- sidharth_kchAnswered on April 30, 2013 at 07:27 AM
The problem with not using email@example.com as the sender email of your notifications, is a lot of email service providers can filter as spam, emails which dont originate from the same domain where the form is embeded.
Unless you have option to whitelist our email server ip address, leaving the sender email of your notfications as firstname.lastname@example.org may the best way to ensure our emails dont get blocked by any mail service provider.
Request you to delete the existing notification and create fresh one. Let us know if you continue to have this issue and I will forward this to our development team for them to have a look.