- rupertgAsked on April 30, 2013 at 09:02 AM
I have an online booking form. Currently, when a booking is made, the client gets an email. However,what i would like to add to the form is the following :
The client who makes the booking, gets a text message on his/her mobile telling him/her the address, etc or some specials.
Please advise, for Australian Clients.
- KadeJMAnswered on April 30, 2013 at 09:54 AM
Hello, I think this should be possible but it would require you to create and configure an Autoresponder to reply back to their Mobile Number to send this text message. Please have a look at this thread found here http://www.jotform.com/answers/6951-Can-jotform-alert-form-submission-to-a-cell-phone-via-SMS for more information to see if this helps you to implement this. If you have trouble or further questions just ask us.
- falkirksAnswered on April 30, 2013 at 09:57 AMSending them to the SMS email is very unreliable. Plus you have to set conditions per carrier.
- falkirksAnswered on April 30, 2013 at 10:04 AMAlso if you what to use the email workaround look here
- KadeJMAnswered on April 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Actually, I have tested this further and it appears to be somewhat reliable so far after doing some tests with a response sent from JotForm appropriately. I tested this both ways with a form and without a form, from and to and you can see my results below.
I think as far as unreliability goes this is realistically depends on two factors, 1 - If your Carrier can handle this and, 2 - It may vary particularly from Carrier to Carrier based based on their Service provided to you and others for MMS/SMS as well as your Data Plan & Usage.
This Image below was send from this SMS Form I created found here - http://form.jotform.us/form/31193801549152. Feel free to Clone my Form to see how it works and modify it from there if you like. The best way to figure this out is to play around with it and try it for yourself to see what works best for you.
- falkirksAnswered on April 30, 2013 at 11:56 AMYes but many carriers don't support this or have limited support or have bugs in there system, if you check the like article I linked above.
- rupertgAnswered on May 01, 2013 at 09:54 PM
What about Zapier??
I sent them an enquiry i got this reply from them :
"Hi there !
If you'd like to SMS people who fill out your Jotform form, try combining that with a service like Twilio to handle SMS fulfillment. You can get started doing just that here: https://zapier.com/zapbook/jotform/twilio/
Let us know if you have any other questions or problems, we'd be happy to help! "
Anyone have any experience with them
- jeanettebmzAnswered on May 02, 2013 at 12:25 AM
We actually have Zapier among our 3rd party integrations. However, some webservices at Zapier might requir you to have a paid subscription
We will make some tests and we'll get back to you later with an update
- rupertgAnswered on May 02, 2013 at 07:53 AM
Thank you i look forward to it, Meanwhile, i have signed up for a free trial and i am testing it as well.
But would be very helpful feedback from your side.