- alexAsked on April 11, 2011 at 06:47 AM
First of all, Jotform is doing great work with all new features.
Now my question about attaching Excel file;
- I’m trying to figure out the possibility how to include / attach Excel sheet in the receiver’s email?
Is it possible?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 08:02 AM
Unfortunately attaching files in the email is not possible however as a work around
you can include a link in the email's content which will direct users to where
they can download the excel file.
To edit the body of the email:
1. Log into your JotForm account and go to My Forms section.
2. Select the form and click on "Edit".
3. Click on "Setup and Share" tab on the form builder toolbar.
4. Click on "Email Alerts".
5. Select "Notification".
6. Type in the download link in the email's body.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further clarifications.
- AlexAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Thank you for your fast reaction! This is what I call a real Web 2.0 service! Maybe even 2.2 :-)
I will try out what you suggested: the workaround,
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 04:51 PM
Glad that Mliz was able to help you. In addition to what she has posted, you may directly insert a download link by typing in a name for your link, say "Download Excel Attachment", highlight the whole name and then click on the Insert/Edit Link tool found at the toolbar under the Subject line.
so your email alert template becomes
Hope this helps.
- alexxdesignAnswered on April 12, 2011 at 06:06 AM
thanx again for your answer. That is also very good solution.