- JoeAsked on May 04, 2013 at 05:48 AM
Hi, the uploaded files from my form (.doc, .docx, etc.) are all being saved in Google Drive as .pdf files. So when I try to open them, it gives me an error. Only when I upload .pdf files does it works fine.
When I download the uploaded files directly from the JotForm-website-based submission, the file works just fine, so it's definitely an issue with saving to Google Drive.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 04, 2013 at 02:45 PM
Good day. I've cloned your form using a non-support account, but I am unable to replicate the same. Both .doc and .docx file extension.
Please try the following to resolve that;
1. Clone the form: How to Clone a Form
2. Integrate Google Drive to this cloned version of the form
3. Submit the same file type/extension
Please update us for the result after that.
- visioneducationAnswered on May 04, 2013 at 09:01 PM
I cloned the form like you said, but I got the same results in Google Drive (saves as PDF) when I submitted the form. I'm not sure what to do.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on May 05, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I have checked your account and I see the cloned is deleted. Can you please clone it one more try, rebuild the integration and let me know if the issue persist?
- visioneducationAnswered on May 08, 2013 at 03:47 AM
The problem seems to be solved.
I've been uploading the file from my computer each time, but I just tried someone else's computer and it worked just fine. So I'm thinking it's just something weird w/ my computer alone.
Sorry for wasting your resources. This thread should probably be deleted as it won't apply to anyone else.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 08, 2013 at 04:20 AM
Glad that you have sorted that out. You may consult a PC Technician for that. No worries, it is our pleasure to help you.
If you have any further questions, concerns or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us again.