What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
[Resolved] How to use conditionsAsked by brodtex on May 06, 2013 at 03:11 AM
I try to create the conditions for this example:
- I have one drop down menu with four choices (A, B, C, D) and 4 other menus are drop-down choice:
- If the visitor selects the choice of A => drop-down menu displays 1
- If the visitor selects the choice B => 2 drop down menu appears
- If the visitor selects the choice C => drop-down menu appears 3
- If the visitor selects the choice D => drop-down menu appears 3
If no selection menus 1, 2, 3, 4 are hidden.
I tried several times, and to do anything to achieve this ...
Thank you for your help
Does anyone have a solution?
Do you want to show the number of choices inside the drop-down menu #2 based on answer in drop down menu #1?
If this is what you are trying to achieve, unfortunately you cannot hide the choices inside the drop down menu.
You can create 5 drop down menu, 1 for the A,B,C,D menu and the other 4 menus are for corresponding answers.
I will create a demo form. I will get back to you and post the form link.
In your example
- If I chose A => # 1 appears
- If I chose B => # 1 and # 2 are displayed
- If I chose C => # 1 and # 2 and # 3 are displayed
- If I chose D => # 1 and # 2 and # 3 and # 4 are displayed
But in my form must have to behavior:
- If I chose A => # 1 only appears
- If I chose B => # 2 only appears
- If I chose C => # 3 only appears
- If I chose D => # 4 only appears
No selection: no menu appears
Is this possible?
it works, it is just that ... I was looking for the complication.
Have a nice day