- allfiredupakronAsked on May 08, 2013 at 08:12 PM
I have a form that allows them to choose from several party packages, and when each package is chosen it brings up additional questions pertaining only to that option. At first the form was working perfectly, then all the sudden after 4 subbmissions I am getting answers to questions that have nothing to do with the package chosen.
Also, this is the second form I had do something like this. The last one messed up so baly that I had to just remake one. It shows up on the preview correctly! But some how it's not always correct!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 08, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Can you please explain what the scenario should be for this form?
I will be forwarding this to our developers so they can take a look at this and investigate why this form conditions suddenly stops.
- allfiredupakronAnswered on May 09, 2013 at 01:19 PM
That's the problem, when you are on the actual form everything shows up correctly. It's the form submission e-mails that are coming to me jumbled. I can forward an e-mail to you if I have an address, but the last one was the following situation:
Package Chosen: #1 (This package should no bring up ANY new questions.
However these questions are on the form sent to me:
1) Would you like to add 30 minutes to your party time for cake and presents- $15 Party Fee? (Not included in Package #2) (This should only be an option if Package #2 is chosen)
2) Choose the project size you would like: (This is only to pop up if Package #3 is chosen)
So I am getting answers to questions for packages #2 & #3 when package #1 is chosen. So it is very confusing for the customer filling it out when they choose a pottery package and are being asked Glass Questions.
- allfiredupakronAnswered on May 09, 2013 at 01:27 PM
Here is the structure of how the for SHOULD be (THere is an array of hidden questions for dates and time, however those seem to be working correctly, so I won't go into those)
Choose the Party Package you are interested in:
(Condition) If Package #2 is selected, the following question pops up:
Would you like to add 30 minutes to your party time for cake and presents- $15 Party Fee? (Not included in Package #2)
(Condition) If Package #3 is selected, the following question pops up:
Choose the project size you would like:
(Condition) If Package #4 is selected, the following question pops up:
Choose the project your party would like to complete:
These are the three I have had an issue with. It is making me question some of the other answers on the submission forms that are just checked Yes or No, as I do not know what the customer actually selected. There are MANY other conditions on this form, but so far they are properly working. THank you for your help.
- KadeJMAnswered on May 09, 2013 at 02:37 PM
From what I am understanding this is actually an issue of the form conditions you are having which are resulting in incorrect responses on your Email Notification. Additionally I would like to see the email so if you could please forward it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org that would be greatly appreciated.
I ran a test to check on this and I think I found what you mean where the Questions are showing up in the Email Notification even if the package associated with the question is still showing. I was unable to reproduce any issues with jumbled data, only the question appears regardless.
Unless something entirely different is happening?
These are the questions set up to show in your email notification because it is listed as a question to match the tag associated with the field question data. Even with conditions to hide it, if the question is listed in your Notification it will still show up.
(1) On the Test Form " Test Question " only shows in the notification, there is no field, it is only listed as a question with no tag since there is no field associated with it but it still shows up.
(2) If the condition " a " is input into A or B Question, then C or D Question is hidden and empty but it still shows up as well because it too is listed even if not filled in.
These are both examples as to the reason why you are still seeing this listed but no answer. The data doesn't carry over since it was not filled in but the question will still remain because of it's design.
If I've misunderstood you on any bit of your problem please correct me.