- firstname.lastname@example.orgAsked on May 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I have a form that I created using JotForm and it's tied to a Google Doc, I have a link to edit the submitted form in a auto response email to the end user. When the user modifies his/her data on the form, instead of updating the google doc with the data, it creates a duplicate of the LAST submission (even if they weren't the last person to submit).
Person A submits form, added to Google Doc.
Person B submits form, added to Google Doc.
Person C submits form, added to Google Doc.
Person A edits submission.
Person C's submission is added again to the Google Doc with the same information from Person C's submission.
Please let me know if this a known bug and is being worked on, otherwise i'll be forced to remove the edit link. :(
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 10, 2013 at 04:59 PM
I can't seem to replicate the problem. It delivers the right data to Google Spreadsheet when a submission is edited. You can test my form.
Use your email to get the edit link on the autoresponder message.
Can you please try to re-integrate your form and check it again? We'll wait your reply. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 10, 2013 at 05:05 PM
It also works fine on your cloned form.
Feel free to submit a test. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 10, 2013 at 05:22 PM
As we have discussed on the docs chat, I have escalated this problem to our dev team. We will update you once this is fixed.
Thank you so much for your cooperation!
- rleitmanAnswered on June 11, 2013 at 05:38 PM
Is it solved now? I just tried to edit a form and it doesnt update google sheet at all, nothing added or edited in google.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 11, 2013 at 07:55 PM
This issue is already submitted to our developers, and it is currently set as important. Unfortunately, we can't give you any ETA as to when this get fixed. If there are updates, you'll surely know it via this thread.
- rleitmanAnswered on June 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Origonal ticket is from more than 30 days ago, anyhow thanks and I will wait patientley
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on August 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Looks like this has been fixed for a while. Please let us know if you have further issues.