What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Page break with submit buttonAsked by jhedges on April 14, 2011 at 04:42 PM
We have created a form with several page breaks.
Each page needs is a form that will need to be submitted.
Do we add a submit button on each page or add only one submit button on the last page?
If I understand your question correctly, here is what you need to do "in a nutshell": Create separate forms and have each subsequent form be the "Thank You" page of the previous one until you reach the last form which will just have a normal "Thank You" page. In other words, each page will contain a form with a submit button.
Here's what to do:
1. Create your first section and instead of including a page break at the end, put a submit button which would make it a form in its own right.
2. Repeat Step 1 for each section (form) and as you do so, click the "Preview" toolbar button and copy and paste the address into a document from where it can be later retrieved.
3. When you are finished buiding the forms, return to the first form and while on the "Setup & Embed" tab, click the "Thank You" toolbar button
4. When the wizard loads, select "Custom URL" and click "Next"
5. Paste the address of the second form into the text box, click finish and save your change
6. Do that for each subsequent form. In other words, paste the URL of the fourth form into the custom thank you page URL field of the third form, paste the URL of the fifth form into the custom thank you page URL field of the fourth form and so on until you reach the last form.
7. For the last form, use the default thank you page, custom URL or a thank you message.
That\'s it. Hopefully, that little tutorial wasn\'t too confusing. I will include some pictures later to make it clearer.
In that case will the data from all forms be saved as one user?
I've just checked and they not :) How to merge one's user data from those subsequent forms?
Unfortunately, there is no way to merge separate submission entries made on both the same form or in different forms. A workaround I can suggest is to insert a Unique ID field in your first form, and then pass that value to a hidden field in the subsequent forms.
Doing so will enable you to know which different entries belong to a single user. You can then consolidate the entries in a single Excel file, then use Excel filter to view entries made by an individual.
Let me know if you need further assistance on this solution. Thank you for using Jotform.
Hi, I am having the same issue with this (2 years later), and am wondering how these guys did it.
Please can you have look and tell me how its possible to achieve what they did?
Hi, I request you to please create a new thread. And post your question there whith your requirement. So that it will be helpfull for us to help you better.