- rygordonAsked on May 16, 2013 at 07:11 PM
To whom it may concern,
I am trying to test my PayPal Payments Pro merchant account in the PayPal sandbox. I am using sandbox test API credentials which I have verified as correct. However, I believe your site is directing me to the Live PayPal site giving me error messages rather than directing me to the PayPal Sandbox where I can test using a dummy account. For example, I am still using dummy credit card and account information on my form located at this link: http://form.jotform.us/form/31355629157155
Can you please tell me how I can toggle my JotForm code so that I can temporarily use the PayPal Payments Pro sandbox endpoint (i.e. https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp) rather than the Paypal Payments Pro Live endpoint (i.e. https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp)?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 16, 2013 at 09:26 PM
Unfortunately, we don't have the option to test Paypal Pro in Sandbox mode. You may consider sending Payment then send a refund.
I have forwarded this thread to our developers as a feature request. However, I cannot disclose any timeframe for this or is there any possibility of this request. We'll let you know for updates - if there's any in the future.
- rygordonAnswered on May 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Thanks for the prompt response. PayPal Techs informed me that other companies have a toggle switch on the backend of their products that allow developers to go back and forth between the sandbox and the live site. I hope this is helpful information for getting that important feature added in the near future. It can be quite risky testing on real credit cards when you don't know what to expect! I'd be grateful for any updates you may be able to give me in the future.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Yes, I can see that feature on some web plugins out there. Hopefully, our developers will consider adding this one in the future. If there are any updates, we'll let you know through this thread.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 02:11 PM
Sandbox mode is now available for both Paypal and Paypal Pro payments.
1. While on edit-mode, select your payment field
2. Right click on it, then click 'Show Properties'
3. Select 'Enabled' under Sandbox Mode option
4. Close the properties window then save your form
Hope this helps!
- SUAAAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Is that all you have to do is "enable it" and then test? Or do you have to contact paypal?
- dinesh-itAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM
You need to Enable and test. Thats all.