- desaiasmAsked on May 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM
By mistake when I was getting the URL for my form I clicked on secure. I then sent out the secure form URL to all of my contacts and just realized now that it is a secure form, a feature that I don't want.
Is there anyway that when my contacts click on the URL they reciecved it can somehow take them to mym non-secure form? The problem is that I can only have 10 submissions for SSL forms and since this is for a non-profit group it's kind of hard to justify upgrading the account.
I don't need a secure form, i simply clicked on it by mistake! And there is no way I can re-send the link.
Any help you can offer would be great!
- sidharth_kchAnswered on May 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I am sorry but I don't see any option to automatically convert your secure URL to non-secure form URL. Only option is to grab your form's non-secure URL and send it to all your users.
But I can think of one workaround. Let me do a few tests and get back to you on this.
- desaiasmAnswered on May 20, 2013 at 02:31 PM
Ok thank you! Because I really can't re-send out another link :(
- sidharth_kchAnswered on May 20, 2013 at 02:39 PMOkay. Let me get back to you on this. Thanks, Sidharth
- sidharth_kchAnswered on May 21, 2013 at 04:40 AM
Looks like my tests were successful and you may not have to resent your form url.
Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Login to your JotForm account.
2. Clone your form for which you have sent the secure URL.
3. Grab the iFrame embed code (non secure) of this cloned form.
4. Remove all the form fields from your original form.
5. Add a "Free Text HTML" field in your form
6. Copy the embed code of your cloned form in this Free Text HTML field.
Now if someone visits the secure URL of your original form and submit the data, the submission will not be secure submissions.
Let us know if you need further assistance on this and we are happy to help you.
- desaiasmAnswered on May 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM
THANK you so much! But I'm having one problem...I reached the 10 SSL submissions before I knew how to switch my forms and now I got an email saying my account will be disabled tomorrow night. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? Can you decrease my quota or something?!
- pinoytechAnswered on May 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I have now reset your SSL secured limit and re-activated your account. It should be working fine now and please make sure to use non-secured forms to avoid this from happening again cause we can only reset SSL secured limits once.
If you need further assistance, do let us know.
- desaiasmAnswered on May 22, 2013 at 12:40 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :)
You're the best Jotform!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are amazing! God Bless!
- sidharth_kchAnswered on May 22, 2013 at 03:00 AM
You are welcome.
Glad to know that your issue was resolved.
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us.