- gravitymAsked on April 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM
When I clone a form, I am able to make all the date/info changes and everything saves.
However, when I go to the "thank you message" and edit the copy in the custom thank you message, that does not save.
It "saves" enough so that when I look at what the thank you message says, it is my new info, but the actual message that is emailed back to someone who fills out the form is the thank you message from the orignal form.
Any info as to how I can have the new "custom thank you message" actual save and get emailed back would be so very helpful.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 18, 2011 at 01:43 PM
I think you may have confused Thank You message with Autoresponder email.
Thank you message appears only in the browser, after the user submits a form. Autoresponder, on the other hand, is the email message that is sent to users after they submitted a form.
To edit your cloned form's Autoresponder:
1. Go to Setup & Embed tab.
2. Click Email Alerts button
3. In the Email List, click Autoresponder. The Compose Email wizard should appear
4. Modify the autoresponder email template to your liking
5. Click Finish, then save your form
Hope this helps. Please lets us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Thank you for using Jotform.