- longoAsked on May 29, 2013 at 04:22 AM
Just activated the wide area mode on my 2 forms, very impressive, a couple of points though:
1. I've had to add this 'overflow-y:hidden;' to the custom CSS to hide the scrollbar in IE which was obscuring the wide area icon, you may like to incoperate it in the design.
2. Regarding the icon positioning before the wide area mode is initialized, both of my forms and labels had the same width, the icon in the contact us form was out of the box over to the right while the customer comments form icon was perfectly positioned. I have shortened the contact form's width but kept the label width the same which has corrected the positioning in IE but may have caused a problem with other browsers because Firefox and Chrome are showing the icon in the box but slightly over to the left.
Why would identical width forms and labels result in differing positions for the icon initially and why has narrowing one form resulted in differing postions in different browsers.
- dinesh-itAnswered on May 29, 2013 at 07:14 AM
Hi, yes you are correct, there is some problem with the full screen icon. Since it is newly created feature there may be problem like this, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
But customers like you, who find out such bugs and reporting us are very valuable for us. Thanks lot for reporting this issue.
i just created a Ticket about this Bug to our Developers.
Our developers are very eager to solve the problems, they will solve it as soon as possible and give you the update via this thread.
- longoAnswered on May 29, 2013 at 07:31 AM
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, I assume yor answer is to the first point, the second point regarding the icon positioning may be another issue, look at the 2 forms with chrome or firefox, 1 is positioned correctly the other is over to the left, a bug would be consistant, this isn't.
- dinesh-itAnswered on May 29, 2013 at 07:41 AM
Hi again, yes I have checked and opened ticket for both problems.
1. For "Icon in IE is over the scrollbar".
2. For "Icon position in different browsers" Icon is outside the box in top aligned. and it slightly left in chrome and not in IE if form width is changed to fit the icon.
- longoAnswered on May 29, 2013 at 08:02 AM
OK thanks, the point I was making though is that point 2 may not be a bug with the wide area icon, if it was it would display in the same place on both forms therefore there may be an issue with the contact us form itself.
- longoAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 04:16 AM
An update would be appreciated.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 09:33 AM
This thread is already submitted to our maintenance team. We'll surely update you for any progress about this report.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
- longoAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Hi, yes I know but your'e still not geeting the point, I don't think it's a problem with the icon.
Take this example which is how my forms were set up before I had to alter the width of one.
Viewed in the SAME browser 2 forms on two pages, both have a form width of 385px, labels at 100px and textareas of 40 columns and 6 rows in other words identical.
The widearea mode is activated on both forms, form1 has the icon positioned inside the box top right, form2 has the icon positioned outside the box top right.
Is it not logical to assume if this was a bug with the icon both forms would be either positioned inside or outside, I have never come across a bug which was so selective it would target the same thing on the same site using the same browser differently.
Now do you get it?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Thank you for this information.
Your latest details were also noted. You have point that it must not be a bug in the icon.
On your original message, you have already mentioned a workaround to compensate on the icon disposition. This was mentioned also by my colleague on the submitted ticket details.
Why would identical width forms and labels result in differing positions for the icon initially and why has narrowing one form resulted in differing postions in different browsers
Unfortunatelly, we are only on the 1st level support. There are some level of question that we could not properly give answer or reason. So, we usually elevate them to the next level since they have more access for the appropriate details.
It is now on the capable hand of our developer how it will be corrected, and thank you for your details,-- I am sure they will make good use of it.
We will notify you via this thread and on your email, when updates are available.
- longoAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM
The problem seems to be that you're not reading the posts, the workaround is to hide the scrollbar in IE, it's nothing to do with the icon positioning, I await level 2 with fingers crossed.
Please bear in mind this is affecting the look of my page so a quick fix would be appreciated.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 02:15 PM
The ticket is marked as Important, but we can not provide any ETA for now. We will inform you when we have any updates.
In the meantime, you may consider disabling the Fullscreen Mode (if that mode is not working right for you). Thank you.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 03, 2013 at 09:45 AM
Update from our developers:
It should be working now, except IE8 "permission denied" error. Could you please check?
- longoAnswered on June 03, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Well clearly its not working, have you actually done anything? Its positioned perfectly on my other form so at the risk of repeating myself, I think the problem is with the FORM itself.
Will someone get a grip, understand the problem and SORT it out.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 03, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I have informed our developer about such. Thanks for letting us know.
- alp_denizAnswered on June 05, 2013 at 04:35 AM
This is now fixed. Please contact again if you see such misbehaviour.
Thank you all
- longoAnswered on June 10, 2013 at 08:09 AM
Hi, worked for a while now same problem, OK on one form out of position on the other
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 10, 2013 at 09:09 AM
Please try to clear your forms cache by following this guide: How to Clear your Form Cache. Also, let us know the form URL or the website where the form is placed.
Screenshot of the said issue will help as well.
- longoAnswered on June 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
This is the page
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 10, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Thanks for the webpage URL, please do not remove that so our developers can check it as well. We have this thread noted to them.
Thanks and thanks for the updates.
- longoAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Any news on a fix
- alp_denizAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Could you please re-save your form so that it builds again? It seems that the problem is resolved, but your form still uses the old files.
- longoAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Tried that, still not fixed on my form, at the risk of boring even myself my problem may be as stated many time before in this thread, form specific otherwise the icon on my other form would also positioned incorrectly would'nt it?
http://leathersolutions.co.uk/Contact%20Us.html Positioned Incorrectly
http://leathersolutions.co.uk/Customer%20Comments.html Positioned Correctly
- longoAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 12:01 PM
- alp_denizAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM
In fact, both forms dont have the significant fix (it calls the old css somehow). However, you can apply the fix by adding this css:
I am sorry for this delay, I will handle this fix as soon as i can.
Best wishes for you
- alp_denizAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 07:11 AM
I humbly hope that it is the last time it is worrying you, could you please re-embed your form? It is now working perfectly on our side:
Thank you for your patience
- longoAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Exactlly as before, 1 right, 1 not.
- moonzkieAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 01:50 PM
Can you please explain what you meant by "1 right, 1 not?" I have checked both of the pages and seems that both of them are positioned your forms looks like in preview. Can you please try to clear your browser's cache and see if you still have the problem?
- longoAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 03:49 PM
1 is positioned right
1 is not positioned right
so as stated exactlly the same issue as before, I have no ides what pages or forms you are looking at but I've checked with Firefox. IE, Chrome and another system entirely and the icon on the Contact Us page is still sitting outside the box even on your mock up above.
If this wasn't so pathetic it would almost be funny, I've had several issues since using your forms and all have been dealt with in a quick and professional manner, I was very impressed with the service until now.
I have found abajan to be more than competent in the past please pass this onto him.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 09:27 PM
Hi, it would help us verify and check further on the inconsistency via a provided screenshot.
Can you please provide us a screenshot on the IE scrollbar appearing on the text aread field when in wide mode in your website http://leathersolutions.co.uk/Contact%20Us.html.
Use this link to share to us a screenshot http://imgur.com/
Latest I checked, I could not reproduced the same issue using IE (for scrollbar issue), and the dispositioned icon for in 3 major browser Chrome, FF, IE.
Please try also clearing your browser's cache. It should help.
Will await for your response.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 16, 2013 at 09:40 AM
How about re-embedding your form using our iframe method: How to Get Form iFrame Codes. Let us know if that helps.
To be honest, I couldn't think of any possible reason why the icon has been dispositioned on your browsers. Everything is good on my end.
I've cleared your forms cache. As suggested, also clear your browsers cache. These methods should help as well.
- longoAnswered on June 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Embedding with an iframe didn't improve matters, I will leave it as it is for a few days in case some of your colleagues have a clue then I'll deactivate the function as this is proving to be more hassle then the function is worth.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM
We apologize for any inconvinience this caused you. As already mentioned also by my colleague, I could not reproduce this issue anymore in any of my browsers when viewing your form in your website page http://leathersolutions.co.uk/Contact%20Us.html .
One last option I can suggest or ask is, if you have tried it on other computer or device? Perhaps you are experiencing this inconsistency only on the specific hardwared/computer you are currently using.
- longoAnswered on June 16, 2013 at 03:37 PM
Yes I have tried on an ipad yesterday.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 16, 2013 at 04:02 PMThis is on iOS 5.0 using Ipad 2 simulator.I agree it is not as smooth as in desktop browser, but it seems very minimal.Will you be able to share to us a screenshot base on on your iPad also? The difference might be more pronounce if we compare.Thanks.
- longoAnswered on June 17, 2013 at 03:56 AM
I can't provide a screenshot as the ipad was borrowed and is no longer here but I can tell you the icon was way over to the right, in fact the worse of all.
- alp_denizAnswered on June 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
This is finally fixed. I am sorry for this time being.
Thank you a lot for your patience.
- longoAnswered on June 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Thanks for your work but maybe not, the bottom right corner is now showing the pull down arrow to manually make the text area bigger in Firefox and Chrome, IE is not displaying this and it wasn't displayed before in all three browsers.