- rickvvAsked on May 30, 2013 at 09:04 AM
Looking to insert a horizontal rule between form components for legibility and dividing the sections, but I can't quite find the right step on how to do that?
- JotForm SupportMorianAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 09:18 AM
In between the fields you would like to separate, under the POWER TOOLS, please click on FREE TEXT(HTML). Then, please click on Edit HTML
Then, please insert this code:
Click on Complete.
..this will result in a white horizontal rule.
You can change the color, width, and size of the rule as well using CSS codes. Thanks!
- rickvvAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 05:10 PM
That was too easy! I looked at that Free Text box, and I have used it fomr something else, but this is perfect Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 30, 2013 at 09:33 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you're welcome.
- tturianoAnswered on January 12, 2016 at 06:19 PM
I would also like to place horizontal rules, but do not see "Power Tools" on my interface. Perhaps the interface has changed?
- RickvvAnswered on January 12, 2016 at 08:30 PM
Under your Form Tools menu area, insert "Text Area", then click the "Edit HTML" button and insert the code for horiz rule "<hr/>"
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 12, 2016 at 09:36 PM
Thanks, but it was not actually the text area instead of just Text. :)
@tturiano and to everyone on this thread
Please use the Text Tool, it's under Form Tools. Then enter <hr/> as shown on Rickvv's screenshot.
Or you guys can use the Basic Separator. It's quick and easy.
- RickvvAnswered on January 13, 2016 at 07:10 AM
(Of course it was "text"! Not sure what I was thinking...I was looking right at that :)