- beautifulcanvasAsked on June 11, 2013 at 06:05 PM
have just completed adding gdrive to my form www.beautifulcanvas.co.uk/contact.htm when upload a file which is optional, after clicking submit button the form refreshes and the capcha box reapeers asking for another capcha submission, why is this ?
- EliezerNAnswered on June 11, 2013 at 07:23 PM
I have tested your form and you are right, I was able to reproduce the error. I cannot figure out of what can be the cause of this problem.
I will escalate this issue to the second level for a solution.
You will be notified by our higher team support via this thread and also through your email when they have updated on this.
It's apleaasure to assist you.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 01:23 AM
Hello beautifulcanvas. I can't seem to replicate the issue at the moment after filling up your form and making a test submission. Is this still currently happening on your end? If so, can you tell us which browser you're using?
- beautifulcanvasAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 06:24 AM
I disabled google drive that might be why but i have enabled it again . Please try again.
I am using chrome and ie10
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 06:46 AM
Thank you for the information, beautifulcanvas. Now it's clear that the Google integration has something to do with it. You may now remove the integration for the meantime. We'll let you know as soon as we have updates on this issue.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Hello again, beautifulcanvas. According to EliezerN, the submission also works fine with using ReCaptcha. So you can use that to prevent the double capcha look-up.
- beautifulcanvasAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 01:06 PM
Where do i find recaptcha ?
- EliezerNAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 01:19 PM
When editing the form click over the captcha field, and the Recaptcha option will appear on the top menu automatically, you will see it this way:
When you click Recaptcha captcha field will change automatically.
If you need further assistance, let us know.
- beautifulcanvasAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 01:48 PM
Tried it but recaptcha makes my form to big
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 02:45 PM
You can set the Label Align Top value for the ReCaptcha field, and it will take a bit less height.
Also, our forms are usually safe without any captcha fields, so you may consider removing it from the form, this will make your form more user friendly. You can add it later at any time if you notice any problems with spam submissions.
- beautifulcanvasAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 06:17 PM
any fix for this issue yet ?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 06:53 PM
Hi, I am sorry for the delays. This issue was already on the hand of our developer, we just do not have updates on any resolution yet.
However, it was mentioned that the combination of google drive integration, single upload field and captcha field have bearing on the issue.
If you wouldn't mind taking a temporary resolution, would you try setting to ON the upload field's multiple property in your form?
And then let us test again. See if this help removing the 2nd captcha from appearing when uploading.
Hope this help.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Btw, our higher team support will still update you at once when they have updates available on the original issue. In my previous response, I am merely suggesting a temporary workaround.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I apologize for this delay, beautifulcanvas. I have now fixed this bug. You should no longer be able to get a 2nd captcha after making a correct input of this field from the 1st submission.
If you continue to experience problems on this, or if ever you encounter other issues, please do let us know. We'll be more than happy to assist you.
Thanks and warm regards.