- receptiveAsked on June 12, 2013 at 03:39 AM
My forms are failing to send an email notification. Example page: http://www.shelprogramme.co.uk/index.php/register-2013
Trash and junk email folders have been checked and the email fucntion was working fine up until around yesterday.
- khrisellAnswered on June 12, 2013 at 03:52 AM
Have you checked your spam folder?
Because, there are instances that some emails with similar contents may get tagged as spam by email service providers. If it is not there kindly let us know.
- sidharth_kchAnswered on June 12, 2013 at 03:57 AM
I checked your form's notification setup and don't see any issue with that.
To ensure the delivery of emails, request you to please change your "Sender Email" to "firstname.lastname@example.org". The problem with not using email@example.com as the sender email of your notifications, is a lot of email service providers can filter as spam, emails which dont originate from the same domain where the form is embeded.
Let us know if you continue to have this issue.
- receptiveAnswered on June 12, 2013 at 03:57 AMThank you for your response.
My email provider has no spam control on it (server-side). Ive also checked
all spam folders in my email client and they are not directing there. Two
emails addresses are configured for the form on this page and neither are
receiving notifications which started happening roughly yesterday or Monday.
Before this time both emails were receiving notifications.
- khrisellAnswered on June 12, 2013 at 04:01 AMstephen@generalworldsports.com is NOT in our bounce list so you should be recieving an email.
Is this the email from where you are recieving email notification prior to having the issue?
- sidharth_kchAnswered on June 12, 2013 at 04:02 AM
As mentioned in my last response, please change your notification's sender email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" and see if that resolves your issue.