- ibcoordinatorAsked on June 01, 2010 at 05:57 AMWhen I create a chart in the report, I get a field that says "NA" but I do not have that field in my form. How come this is happening? How can I check on this? What can I do to get an accurate report?THANKS
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 01, 2010 at 03:37 PMThat just means 2 people have left that question empty.
- ibcoordinatorAnswered on June 02, 2010 at 12:19 AMHi, Thanks for the answer aytekin!However, I have a total of 63 submissions but when I do the report somehow it adds up to 71 diploma + 12 certificate.when I draw a pie chart for the choices of English and Arabic first language (which only the diploma students filled out) I getI'm confused??? I had deleted and changed some students' entries over the past week...maybe this could have contributed to the problem?ThanksFuadP
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 02, 2010 at 05:08 AMIt is possible. N/A means those questions have no answers selected on the dropdown.
- lozannoAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 05:21 PM
Hi, all my questions are answered, so why N/A is bigger?
How can I skip N/A from my graphic report?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 08, 2012 at 06:11 PM
After checking your form's submissions page, I see that NOT all your questions are answered.
For example, the question "Hotel o Concierge" was not answered by a lot of your users:
The "N/A" option is counted when a user submits your form without answering the question. You should probably need to set your fields as "Required", so that your users will not be able to skip a question.