- LostDogsArizonaAsked on June 14, 2013 at 03:29 PM
Is there a way to edit a form after is was submitted and not have it sent out to the original distribution list?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 03:59 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, you can Edit any submission from the form Submissions page. We do not re-send the form Autoresponder(s) on the edit action, but we do re-send Email Notification(s), so you can safely edit the entries.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
- LostDogsArizonaAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 04:02 PM
ok, then I quess my question is:
Is there a way to edit the submission and not have it resent to the email notifications?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 04:35 PM
To illustrate this, Notifications will be sent with Edit marks on their subjects, and Autoresponder will be ignored by the system.
We do not have an option to disable these Notifications on the edit, but I think that we can use some work around for this.
Do you need to ignore mentioned Notifications on the Edit action?
- LostDogsArizonaAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 06:07 PM
Yes, how do you work around this to prevent it from sending out one of the notifications?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 06:36 PM
We can use conditional logic for this. Here is the work around:
1. Add a hidden field to the form.
2. Set your Email Notification(s) to be conditional.
Email will be sent only if the hidden field is empty.
3. Now you are ready to edit your submission from the form Submissions page. You will need to type something into the hidden field, so this will trigger condition, and nothing will be sent.
- LostDogsArizonaAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 08:42 PM
Ok, I tried the method you suggested, however once I added this edit box, the unedited forms were no longer being sent out to the emails addresses specified in the notification email distribution list. The form ceased to be distributed altogether.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Is this the form in question? http://www.jotform.us/form/22774812079157
I check it's conditions and I don't see any existing conditions. If you haven't started the condition. Kindly check my colleagues guide [step 2] above.
To add further details, your notification should display "Conditional" text after you created your email condition. Your condition should matched the same as below as per explained by my colleague.
I have tested it here and it works well for me. I don't received notification after submitting the edited submission. Kindly review. Thanks!
- LostDogsArizonaAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I had added the condition to several forms, but had to remove them because I need the forms to be routed to my team. I will add the condition back on to this form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/31637367627967.
However, I will need you to look at ir as quickly as possible so that it is not down for long. Just give me a couple minutes to add it back in.
- LostDogsArizonaAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 01:19 PM
ok, while re-adding in the condition, what might work. I added a condition for when it is empty to send to everyone I want it sent to and a second condition that when it is filled it is only sent to me. I am waiting on a responce from one of my team members to see if this worked.
- LostDogsArizonaAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 01:23 PM
It has been confirmed that this worked.
- dinesh-itAnswered on June 15, 2013 at 01:24 PM
Glade to know this. And Thanks for sharing us the results.
Feel free to ask if you have any further clarification.