- jwelleAsked on June 24, 2013 at 08:11 AM
1. I am trying to get this form to work http://www.solarbidnetwork.com/?page_id=70
Basically i'm doing great with your great tools but what I want is upon submission I want the output to generate a Satellite map at group level on the house. Now i understand that we can go to the submissions review and manually do it and then forward the submission via email but I'd like it to happen automatically. Also when I forward a submission the map images get messed up when I bring up the email help!
2. How come when we generate pdfs there is no map on it ...that would work two
Why is the system telling me I can't forward submissions because I've reached a limit...what limite?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM
To automatically retrieve/display map in Email after receiving submissions is currently not possible with us, but we can offer you a workaround to get the map.
1. Instead of using the Address Field, retrieve your user/customers address/location by following the guide given on this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/229804-How-to-Add-a-Geo-Marker-Google-Maps-Marker-in-the-JotForm-Form.
After that, you can then search the Location in Google Maps: http://maps.google.com
Let us know if you need any further assistance.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
With regards to your second question, I suggest creating another thread so we can focus on each issue.
- jwelleAnswered on June 26, 2013 at 03:05 PMNew response receivedIs that what you mean by th screen shot. because the submission page seems to do it. I want to be able to drill down to street level in the fastyed way possilb.e
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 26, 2013 at 04:44 PM
Yes, the submissions display the map but there's no way you can do the same on your Email Notifications - that's it for now. The given workaround should work.
I've made some example here: https://shots.jotform.com/welvin/pages/GeoMap.html. Submit your entry using a valid Email Address so you will see how I configure the Email Notification to retrieve the map. Be sure to Tap your Location on Map.
- jwelleAnswered on June 26, 2013 at 05:21 PMOk I will try. Sorry for the questions I'm excited as your product is so iOS and trying to figure out how to make it work for me
Sent from my iPhone
- jwelleAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 08:23 AM
so sorry your example did not have an input for an address
I'm trying to achieve this on page
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 09:28 AM
You should be able to retrieve the map when you click on the tooltip after searching the GeoLocation on Google Map.
1. Your user should point exactly their location to the map. Example:
2. After you will receive the notification, click on the GeoLocation Link.
3. It will bring you to Google Maps (maps.google.com) when the correct address:
Unfortunately, this is the only process we have for now aside from the Maps in your Form Submissions Page. If you'd like this to be a feature, I suggest you to open a separate thread requesting such.
- jwelleAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 09:54 AM
ok but from the first map image how can they select their location if there is no search box..
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
There is no need for a search box. Once you have all the codes from the GeoLocation Guide provided, all your user's have to do is to "tap" the map to record and submit their location.
If you want, I can do this to your form. Just please let us know your form URL.
- jwelleAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
ok thanks I'm really trying for this: https://www.energysage.com/market/solarpv/new/property_details/
I'm thinking about going with jotform application and seeing if it could be integrated.
Do you think it would be difficult to do?
If I could get user submissions to generate a map I could generate a lot of accounts
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 01:41 PM
I think that if you follow the Google Maps Marker guide you'll make it. Of course, you need to embed the full source code of your Jotform.
Let us know if you need further assistance
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on September 18, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Kindly try out http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/address_map_locator
It does not currently have a map output, but we are considering it as a feaure - we would love to hear your thoughts on this.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on September 19, 2014 at 04:37 AM
We've updated our GPS Location widget with a minimap feature that is searchable by any location criteria.
Please try it out - let us know what you think.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 16, 2015 at 08:00 AM
Your question will be answered here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/553498.