- spafb1Asked on June 27, 2013 at 02:46 PM
I have a form that is for selling magazine subscriptions.
I have it working with Stripe to collect either $12 or $20 -- for a one year subscription, or two.
I also have an email field, and I think I have it integrated with mailchimp ??
I did the integration setup, and it's mapping my full name field to mailchimp's name field, but I don't see it mappine the email address to mailchimp -- does it do that automatically? I checked the "send opt-in email" check box. When I submit the form, Stripe works, but mailchimp doesn't seem to do anything.
What am I doing wrong??
- KadeJMAnswered on June 27, 2013 at 04:47 PM
Hello, I checked on your form integration with MC and it looks like it's not reading the mapping correctly. It should detect it automatically to list it when you add New Field Map and then select email but when I checked it was blank. Try using one of these setups and then make sure you add the associated fields to map to MC then it should work. You can also try clearing your form cache and also your browser cache then log back in and try it again to see that helps any. If you're still having problems though please let us know.
(1) Try setting the Validation to Email to see if the map shows up.
(2) You can also use a custom field that can be created inside MC so that you can match it to your form here where it then becomes mappable.
- spafb1Answered on June 27, 2013 at 07:35 PMOK, I made a totally new form and set up Mailchimp first. The mapping
worked and it looked like it was good to go.
BUT... then I added the Stripe payment integration and Mailchimp stopped
working. I'm starting to think it's a problem with the two integrations on
the same form?
Do you think that could be it?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 27, 2013 at 09:34 PM
You are much right, even though I used the test keys for stripe, I noticed that when trying to integrate with Mailchimp it would be spining forever
I am forwarding this to our developers, hopefully it will be resolved ASAP
- spafb1Answered on June 27, 2013 at 09:54 PMThanks, I hope someone gets it fixed too! It's good to be able to catch
people for email when they check out!