- billylevine2003gmailcomAsked on June 28, 2013 at 07:01 AM
two question can I use the above but instead of override the pre-populate with an input field I want to use a drop down. In other word how due I make the pre-polulate the default for the drop down
This is a re-post of a comment on Form Users Can Easily Copy The Content Between Fields
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 07:42 AM
You should be able to do that if you have the right field name and the dropdown option strings. I've made an example to my form:
Original Form: http://jotformpro.com/form/30762575623962
Prepopulated Form: http://jotformpro.com/form/30762575623962?chooseSnack=Cake
Let us know your form URL and let us what dropdown field and what should be the default value and we'll do our best to help you.
- billylevine2003gmailcomAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 07:58 AM
I am sorry not quite fillowing the example above....I do see that the url provide a value for the drop down which can be overwritten. I am asking (and maybe it is my lack of understanding) that I can set the defualt value of a drop down within a form (not calling another url) based on the value of a field in a prior section of the form but I can override it by selecting a new value.
Is this possible with Jotforms or can i/how would it be done to modify the original example where a values was assigned based on input from a prior field.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 09:01 AM
Unfortunately, that is not possible. You should add an options to the dropdown field so we can call one value to be the default option when prepopulating.
- billylevine2003gmailcomAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 09:03 AMthat sound fine ......if I here you correctly we have options list to but
we pass the value of the default .....is that correct?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 28, 2013 at 09:41 AM
We have to add a list of options to the dropdown field. The default is blank as you could see on the form: http://jotformpro.com/form/30762575623962. We automatically select an option via URL Parameters: http://jotformpro.com/form/30762575623962?chooseSnack=Cake
So yes, we select a value as a default.
- BuddyAnswered on April 24, 2015 at 01:16 PMHello Welvin, Im working on something for my department and it basically requires the above topic of pre-populating a drop down field with a department specific option. Id like to know if you can help in teaching me how to do this. The example form you gave (with the cake instance) is exactly what im trying to achieve.
- raulAnswered on April 24, 2015 at 03:14 PM
Since this is an old thread, I've moved it to a separate one so we can properly address it.
You will be answered here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/558618
- DonnaAnswered on February 28, 2017 at 08:20 PM