- qrtback10Asked on April 28, 2011 at 12:39 PMIs there any way to delay an autoresponse email? ex) user submits form, autoresponse email sends 2 hours later etc.Thanks
This is a re-post of a comment on Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- DanielGriffinAnswered on April 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM
There isn't anyway to do that. However you could bypass the Jotform email and send you own email from a custom thank-you page. You would need a cron job running on your own webserver to check the time of the latest batch of form submissions.
1. Set up your own thank you page on your own webserver. It will need to record the form submission and store it in your database. Setup a cron job to read the latest submissions and use sendmail or similar to send the email.
2. Setup custom thank-you page and point it to your page (Click Thank you button in the form builder then select custom url)
3. Enable "Send Post Data" for your form (Preferences > Advanced Settings)
Another alternative, albeit a bit labour intensive, would be to manually send replies to submissions. Open up your submission and click the reply button to send a reply.
- bhwstevensAnswered on March 01, 2015 at 10:16 AM
More user friendly way would be to put the person submitting the form into a mailchimp or aweber list, and in those tools send a sheduled next for for new subscribers.
Only downside is that the mailchimp integration doesn't allow you to send over any data except for first/name name.
- JotForm DeveloperiremAnswered on June 15, 2016 at 05:01 AM
We’ve implemented scheduled autoresponders! Now you can send your autoresponders to your submitters after selected time delay!
In order to use that feature you can simply follow the instructions below:
1. Open Emails Wizard on builder.
2. Select autoresponder email that you want to delay its delivery time.
3. Click on Advanced tab.
4. Select schedule date on the dropdown menu in the Set Email Time section.
Then, your responses will be sent after selected time delay for each submission.
Hope this helps for you. If you have any questions about scheduled autoresponders, please let me know.
Thank you for contacting us.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on July 28, 2017 at 01:45 PM
This is an old thread. I have moved your question to a new thread so we can assist you properly. Please wait for our response on this URL: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1210816