- ssmediatorAsked on July 03, 2013 at 07:17 PM
I have used 15 of my Submissions credits with testing my forms, speciallfically, the Notification emails. Is there a way I can get those credited back to me since they are not "real" submissions from users?
I know you have the Test Email option, but that isn't the best way to truly test a form in a live situation--where users have completed your form. Maybe you could add a Testing Submissions that wouldn't take away from our actual Submissions limit.
- khrisellAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 09:27 PM
You can free up some space on your account by deleting those "Test" submissions.
This will reset your limit on your account. If you want to free up the submission limit you can delete and it will bring back the certain amount allowed for your free account.
Feel free to let us know if you have further questions or inquiry.
Thank you for using JotForm.
- ssmediatorAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 09:46 PM
Well, I deleted a few submissions, but doing so has NOT changed my submissions count. Now what?
- khrisellAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 10:06 PMKindly logout, clear your browser cache and cookies, login back again and I will go ahead and clear your form caches. Please check if it will now apply. Thank you
- ssmediatorAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 10:14 PM
OK, I did all that and logged back to leave this message. I will log back out when I post this message.
- ssmediatorAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I thought I'd check back; nothing has changed, so I'll check back later.
- khrisellAnswered on July 03, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Okay this might need more time to propagate. But if the problem persists please do let us know so that we could investigate further.
- ssmediatorAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 04:30 AM
Are you still working on clearing up/freeing up my submissions count/limit?
- JotForm SupportMorianAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 05:19 AM
Hi! I went ahead and lowered the submission count to remove the 15 test submissions you made. Note that we can only do this once. Please clear your browser's cache to see the changes and log back in to see the changes. Thanks.
- ssmediatorAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM