- SpudbumAsked on May 01, 2011 at 09:49 AM
1. My submissions are not always being automatically forwarded to my email, but still remain on the jotform website. Any idea why?
2. Often when i receive a submission, the email sugbject will be labelled '****SPAM**** Hoods Submission'
I know these are not spam though, any way to remove it?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 01, 2011 at 01:17 PM
With your concern, I would like to ask you a few questions:
1. Are you using an email client such as MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, etc?
2. Is this subject line that says ****SPAM**** ... in the label, in your gmail email address or somewhere else? If from another email address, can you tell us what it is?
If you're using an email client, I would recommend that you reconfigure your email notification settings to using the sender email address as noreply[at]jotform.com rather than using the form submitter's email address. This maybe one of the reasons why it goes to your spam folder.
Next is add to your contact list / address book the email address noreply[at]jotform.com.
The reason for this is that the IP address or the website from which the email was received does not match with the IP address of where the email address exactly comes from (example: google.com website sends an email that says firstname.lastname@example.org). When your email client initiates a look up of the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) record of the IP address and finds out that the IP of the mail sender is not in the list of allowed IP addresses of the email address to send emails using their domain, this triggers a spam usually.
Please let us know the result of this.
Thanks and warm regards.