- markashtonAsked on July 11, 2013 at 06:17 AM
The Filepicker Integration by Ken has been excellent. It's all working Jotform > Filepicker > Amazon S3 and I am currently testing it to try and "break it"
My end goal is super fast uploads by users from Jotforms, for my clients, with simple and clear reporting.
So, on testing the html report ... the filepicker photo bit is broken: http://www.jotform.com/table/31884686333060
It is displaying a couple of links that are RSS, a bit of html code - needs to be removed bar the link.
On a seperate point Ken ... when you are fixing this html report bug ... it would massively skyrocket the value of the html reports if we could see a thumbnail of the Filepicker image in the html report.
This is currently available for normal uploads in the html reports ... a magnifying glass ... and job done. I have developed a thread on this issue here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/239447-Filepicker-io-Possible-to-get-thumbnail-popup-in-reports
As the filepicker integration is going on ... and there is a bug with the reporting that needs addressing straight away ... it would be remiss of me not to push for this ... especially as filepicker has cropping tools and stuff that you can reference by url ... should be dream ;-)
Why should it be done ... jotform will have implemented a world-class browser-based data capture solution that includes rich media from beginning to end.
Thanks, let me know and I'll test ... definately fix that bug though
- markashtonAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 07:58 AM
It seems that only the latest submission is being displayed in the html report.
The previous record is now not showing:
There are two submissions for this form ... the first is now not being displayed
- markashtonAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 08:03 AM
Here's a form called Kenneth button test: http://form.jotform.co/form/31894874069874
Try uploading a photo with first ... it then displays the file upload under the field below it i.e. with two filepicker button on the same form there is a problem - they are getting confused ... on an Iphone anyway.
Then try the next button ... upload video (short plaese) and you will see that the html report shows them as the same field: http://www.jotform.com/table/31913289443054
Also, can you see the original submission I did ... or has it been replaced by the first?
- KadeJMAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Hey Mark, first off thank you again for all the details and rigorous testing you're always doing. I can immediately see and understand how important the implementation and use of several of these features and functions for use are to you and as well as others I'm sure. I've opened this up as a bug report for now and we will look into this issue as well as soon as we can. Thank you for reporting it.
- markashtonAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Its not a bug ... it's a result of an ongoing implementation
- alp_denizAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 08:51 AM
Thank you for reporting. We have identified and just fixed the issue.
- markashtonAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 09:15 AM
Have just tested. here's the report:
You see there are two references to the image! The S3-image is not required ... it does not work anyhow for me ... probably a permissions thing with Amazon S3 ... but well beyond the scope of any jotform user.
The same image does not need to be referenced from two sources: filepicker and amazon s3. Just serves to confuse really.
Ideally just have the filepicker image (as before) with a magnifying glass showing a thumbnail - a massively needed addition.
- KadeJMAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Mark, It's fairly obvious to me that there are bound to be a few bugs in this feature since it's rather new as I did find 2 issues occurring with this from what I can see after viewing your provided Table.
(1) Photo & Video Catagories are wrong for the same reason they were appearing in the wrong catagory when uploaded.
(2) S3 Image.jpg is showing an XML Error. I think the double-imaging is happening because it's going through the Filepicker and FP is grabbing a copy of it before forwarding it to the S3 Bucket.
I will update the ticket with this information.
As for " Ideally just have the filepicker image (as before) with a magnifying glass showing a thumbnail - a massively needed addition ". I think this would have to be Requested as a New Feature/Improvement if you haven't requested it already.
- markashtonAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM
The html report gone a bit nuts too with the new filepicker API work - see above
1) The report just needs to show the link ... not two of them ... this needs to be fixed ... it is unworkable. I think the link should be the filepicker extension, as in the previous API, not just image.jpg as it seems to be moving in the direction of
2) The report needs to show the history of submissions - they started to only show one submission per report ... needs a test to see if this is taking place
3) I've been pushing for the thumbnail image/ magnifying glass ... as with the generic reports ... much needed for ease of use.
This was working well until the API work kicked in so was hoping this could be got market-ready
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Thanks for the additional information, Mark. We have the ticket opened. Stay tune for updates.
- markashtonAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 02:20 PM
Ok ... it's just the confusing s3-image ... can we remove and the magnifying glass ..
Can both be done relatively easily
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 02:48 PM
Kenneth will also read your comments on regards to S3-image and magnifying glass, both have also been added to another ticket into another thread of you.
- markashtonAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 06:49 AM
@Ken ... @Alp-deniz
Because of the large number of issues I thought I'd prepare separate threads for all problems and highlight on this thread ...
Took me ages but if we can see a way of nailing them ... there is a world-class solution imminent ..
I've done a summary here FYA ....
The duplicate Amazon S3 image.jpg reference needs to be removed:
Images and videos in reports need to open in a new window not self:
Header Row Duplicated Incorrectly in Html Report:
Header row needs to be freeze framed in html reports just like with grid reports
The naming syntax of the image has changed for filepicker in html reports. Original preferred ...
Thumbnail Pop up incorrect prientation ...
Images to fire up in lightbox - as an option please
Have a Hover Thumbnail on Images in the Grid Listing Report like on HTML Table Report
Make Grid Report autofit on the page just like HTML Table Report:
- alp_denizAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 07:04 AM
We really appreciate your report. They are in-depth and vital for satisfactory user experience. However, they demand time and intact attention to solve both the back-end and front-end causes. So, we will focus on those issues in the earliest time possible.
I would like to thank you again for your detailed feedback. You will be informed when all issues are solved as we will deal with them individually, one by one.
- JotForm SupportkennethAnswered on July 18, 2013 at 02:24 PM
Hi, this issue should be fixed by now.
But let us know if you encounter anymore problems.
- markashtonAnswered on July 19, 2013 at 08:57 AM
I can confirm that everything is working well ... some points for those who ware interested ...
- I have one Amazon S3 bucket ...
- I have multiple filepicker applications (this allows one to edit the filepicker interface that is displayed in the form - so they could all be branded to each form.)
- All filepicker applications dump stuff in one bucket but logically by way of folders
- Jotform should remove the Amazon S3 bucket option as it is the API key for filepicker that is needed. It is the filepicker application that defines the bucket so this is superfluous.
So, the workflow is great ... the next episode will be how to manage the files... I'll come back to this thread to link to this new post
Thanks Ken ... Mark
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 19, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Thank you Mark for sharing your points that will certainly contribute to sharpen this integration and that will be read by Kenneth