- ayadov77Asked on July 11, 2013 at 04:05 PMworked for one of my forms but not for others. when i did it for my first form it worked good, than i wanted to do the same for other forms and i can already see the (added sender emails) which i just created but when i select them it doesn't work! i did try deleting the email (autorespond email) and made a new one but still not working, so for me it works only for 1 form. is there a problem? please
This is a re-post of a comment on Send Form Emails From Your Own Email Address: JotForm Now Support SMTP
- EliezerNAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 04:54 PM
Sorry very much for the inconvemiences that may have caused.
Could you please share with us the link of the form that works fine and the link of a form that does not work. In that way we will be able to check what is the issue.
- ayadov77Answered on July 11, 2013 at 06:33 PM
hello and thanks for the help
here is the form that works http://www.schiphol-taxis.nl/reserving.html .
and with others dont work here is 1 of them
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 11, 2013 at 08:47 PM
I've checked your autoresponder for the first form, and I can see it got email@example.com as the sender email address , while the second form got firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you saying that setting email@example.com in the second form doesn't work?
- ayadov77Answered on July 12, 2013 at 04:30 AMyes I setting firstname.lastname@example.org in the second form doesn't work? now
it's set back to email@example.com.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 07:25 AM
When you say it doesn't work, do you mean it doesn't send notification to your email? Or it always reverts back to firstname.lastname@example.org?
We'd appreciate if you could please clarify this further.
Just in case it doesn't send notifications, you may try to setup again another sender email or you can use our non-branded sender email email@example.com. Our team are also working on editing/deleting SMTP emails, so you can update them. It will be available soon.
We'll wait your reply. Thanks!
- IkisamiAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 07:26 AM
Why should this change? It worked well so far! Now, every form has to be set down and watch! In addition, I do not see the sender's e-mail address! To me it is very important the sender's e-mail address to see! Education curriculum that we can send to!
But now, unfortunately, your application is not received by the sender! It's not working!
I was all super far! I did not want this to change! I purchase premium package and now nothing works!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 09:21 AM
Our apologies if this has caused issues on your part. The reason why it was changed is because it causes problems on our email system. We have been listed on email spam services recently due to the use of sender's email address. Some user's are abusing this feature, they use it for spams and it affects thousands of our users. Now, in order to prevent this, we have to permanently removed the email field for sender's email address.
By the way, we have just been informed that the sender's email address feature has been restored to the existing forms which has sender's email setup previously. You can't see it in the email notification since it works invisibly. I would suggest to check that on your end.
Please retry to configure the SMTP email now, we've just enhanced it so you can now verify the SMTP email. We have decided to allow Verified email addresses to be used Sender Address.
So, when you want to add a Sender Address we will send you an email confirmation. The email will contain a passcode. You will copy this passcode to the confirmation page and if it is correct your email address will be verified, and you will be able to use that email address as Sender Address on any of your forms.
If the problem still persist after this, let us know. Thanks!
- ayadov77Answered on July 12, 2013 at 10:49 AMwith (firstname.lastname@example.org ) it doesn't send *AUTO RESPOND* to your
email, Bby the way, how can i delete the new email setting? i mean how can
i remove the "new senders email? please
- ayadov77Answered on July 12, 2013 at 11:08 AMNow I just checked my first form (
http://www.schiphol-taxis.nl/reserving.html) and the new setting (used to
work) now it doesn't work. so i changed back to the email@example.com
- ayadov77Answered on July 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I tried the (Verified email ) and it works for now, for all my forms.