- dougarterburnAsked on July 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Form number is 31895982351162.
My webhook gets called twice for each submission. The second call always occurs about 6 seconds after the first.
The url for the webhook is different than the url for the Thank-You redirect. Why can't I use both?
The reason I want to use both is that only the webhook gives me "stripeToken", the Thank-You Page Redirect does not.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 03:25 AM
You do not need to use webhooks. You already send form submitters to the same page. You should delete the webhook.
- dougarterburnAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 06:34 PM
Thanks for the response. I have removed the webhook for now, but why can't I use both as long as they are different url's? The url for the webhook was different than the url for the Thank-You Redirect.
The reason I wanted to use both is that only the webhook gives me "stripeToken", the Thank-You Page Redirect does not.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Even though you might have different URLs the ASP script on both seems to affect the same database creating duplicate entries, so you should use only Webhooks if this one gives you the "stripeToken"
- dougarterburnAnswered on July 14, 2013 at 04:05 PM
I removed the Thank-you Redirect. Now I just have a single webhook.
My webhook is STILL being called twice for every submission. Therefore, this issue has absolutely nothing to do with any Thank You Redirect.
So what do I do about the issue of the webhook being called twice? Do I have to live with that?
- dougarterburnAnswered on July 14, 2013 at 04:10 PM
How do I contact the next level of support? I have paid for a premium account. I wouldn't mind talking to someone directly. Thank-you.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 14, 2013 at 06:18 PM
Thanks for letting us to know that after removing the Thank You page and leaving only webhooks you get submissions data twice.
That is certainly a bug that I am forwarding to our level 2 engineers
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 07:51 AM
You still had Send Post Data enabled. You should not have both Send Post Data and Webhooks. I disabled the Send Post Data. It should be fixed now.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 07:53 AM
Here is the screenshot where I disabled the Send Post Data:
- dougarterburnAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 08:58 AM
The problem still persists. This has absolutlely nothing to do with the Thank-You Redirect. I am referring to your releatively new webhooks feature.
Please escalate to the next level of support.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 09:57 AM
I've noticed that maybe your webhook URL is broken, please confirm to us that after having the correct URL and Send Post Data disabled, the issue still persist.
- dougarterburnAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
The URL is working fine. You can't just type the URL as it is an ASPX handler that only responds to POST requests, not GET requests.
And YES, the problem still persists. The URL gets called twice for every submittsion.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I opened a bug ticket about this. Wehn we have a fix I will let you know. Thanks for your patience.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 09:46 AM
Problem has been fixed,