- billylevine2003gmailcomAsked on July 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I have a form which I am using as a test and I have the answer key embedded in hidden fields.
I have 100 question and seem to running into a limitation on hidden fields. It seems that after about 12 fiels the hidden fields are showing on the form....
Is there some kind of know limitation?
- KadeJMAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 01:56 PM
Hi billylevine2003gmailcom , I believe I understand the question you are asking about. There shouldn't be any limitation on the number of fields or account. This is mentioned in our Pricing Plans for each of our 4 Plans. See image below for details.
Are you testing it on this form here https://www.jotform.com/31924329006955 or is it a different one? If so please let us know which one so we can take a look. When I looked on this form I could see that it has a few hidden fields but when viewing and testing it out in live mode I didn't see any issues nor were these fields seen.
Can you please explain more about this issue in detail and include screenshots if possible?
- billylevine2003gmailcomAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 02:20 PMplease use this form
again ........frustrated that hidden fields are showing at the bottom
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 02:56 PM
The problem is related to the double quotes in your hidden fields. Inputs can not have " in value as this is conflicting with the html code.
In order to fix this you will need to use " special characters instead of ".
Please give it a try and let us know if you need any further assistance.
- billylevine2003gmailcomAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 02:59 PMI will try ........thanks!
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM, JotForm Support Forum
- EliezerNAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Should you have any other question, please let us know.
- billylevine2003gmailcomAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 03:29 PMremoved but got the same result I will try deleting with new hidden values
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 03:40 PM
There were many fields with double quotation marks, so each double quotation mark should be replaced with:
Even single double quotation mark can cause the problems due to the nature of the html code.
If we need to check some form, just let us know. Thank you.
- billylevine2003gmailcomAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 03:56 PMI am starting from scratch......put xxxxxxxxxx in 100 hidden fields
.......so far so good ........will replace the xxxxxxx with value being
sure not to use ' or " unless per the spec above. Do I need to remove or
replace ' and " from question.
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM, JotForm Support Forum
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 04:45 PM
You can use single and double quotes in questions (labels). Also, the single quotes should be fine in values.
But you will need to avoid using double quotes as values, " can be used instead.