- michealhoganAsked on July 15, 2013 at 01:32 PM
I tried integrating with mailchimp. But the information doesn't seem to be getting in to my mailchimp account.
I had a look through the forum then and tried generating a new API key, clearing the cache etc but no joy.
Can someone help? i have been struggling with this for a few days now. I have a list set up with mailchimp and sub groups in this list. I want to add subscribers to one of the groups in the list and then have autoresponders sent out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- sidharth_kchAnswered on July 15, 2013 at 02:02 PM
Have your checked our mailchimp integration guide already: http://www.jotform.com/help/163-How-to-Integrate-with-MailChimp
Please refer our guide and see if that helps you.
- michealhoganAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 04:35 AM
Yes I went through all those steps but the information still isn't going to mailchimp correctly.
I tried generating a new API key etc but it still won't tie in with the mailchimp group?
- sidharth_kchAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 06:04 AM
I am sorry but I am not able to check your MailChimp integration as it says "Enter a valid MailChimp API key!". Have you entered a valid API key? Request you to please check in your MailChimp account if this API key is enabled.
I cloned your form and integrated it with my MailChimp account. I mapped the email id and name field which was sent to my MailChimp list successfully.
We will wait for your response.
- michealAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 08:39 AM
I just looked at it there. I have two API keys and the one above was not enabled. At any rate, I removed the integration and then tried again with the second API key but it still doesn't transmit the information?
Thanks for the help so far
- michealhoganAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 08:49 AM
- sidharth_kchAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I checked your form and don't see any issue with the MailChimp configuration. It should work fine.
Have you created the "List" in your MailChimp account? Request you to please follow these steps and see if that helps you:
1. Remove the current MailChimp integration of your form.
2. Generate a new MaiChimp API key.
3. Verify if "List" is created in your MailChimp account
4. Re-integrate your form with MailChimp using new API key.
Please test and let us know if that solves your issue.
- michealAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 09:27 AM
I tried everything you suggested but it is still not coming through. I had a look at the API screen after attempting to put in a new subscriber and below is what I saw, does this have anything to do with no information getting through?
Date/Time Result Throttled? Source IP Method Format Exec Time User Agent Ver Response nope 220.127.116.11 listUpdateMember php 0.037s MCAPI/1.3 1.3 nope 18.104.22.168 listSubscribe php 0.036s MCAPI/1.3 1.3
- dinesh-itAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Hi, Can you please share us the Screenshot of Mailchamp list that you created? So that it will be helpfull for us to compare and investigate further.
To Share an Image, follow these instructions:
1. Upload your Image to this page.
2. Copy the URL of your shared Image from that page.
3. Click on Image Upload Icon in your Answer Editor
4. Paste your Image link and click Insert.
Then Send it to us.
- michealhoganAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I think I may have found the issue.
I have an autoresponder set up to go out to people when they subscribe to the MC list. But I also need the autoresponder to go out to current subscribers. The only way to do this is to have a condition in the autoresponder to watch for changes in a merge field.
So I had to put in a required field with a yes/no option so when this option is selected by new or current subscribers they will both get the autoresponder.
The problem I face is 2 things; 1) when jotform tries to send info on a current subscriber to mailchimp, it is rejected as they are already subscribed 2) when the dropdown option of yes/no is being mapped does it register the selection
would these things be an issue in trying to get info synced to mailchimp?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 01:31 PM
1. As long as they used the same email address, data will not be added to MC. Every subscriber should have unique email address.
2. Yes, it should be added in your MC list. Just make sure you also have dropdown in your MC form with yes/no option and mapped it on the MailChimp Integration Wizard.
Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 19, 2014 at 01:41 PM
Let me have a check on that and get back to you on the separate thread.