What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Is there a way that an automatic email or copy of the submission can be sent to form responders?Asked by storetodoor on July 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
We ask volunteers to submit their monthly volunteer hours on a Jot form. Sometimes they forget if they've sent in their hours, or sworn they've sent them in but they haven't. I was wondering if it's possible for them to receive a copy of their submission through their email.
Thanks for contacting us.
That is possible by creating Autoresponder emails. It will send a copy of the submission that your user send. To create an Autoresponder follow these steps:
1. Go to Setup and Embed tab.
2. Then choose Email Alerts.
3. Choose Add New Email and select Autoresponder Email and click on Next.
4. Then the configurations must be in this way:
- The Sender Name: Your name or your company name.
- Sender Email: Your email where the autoresponder email will be sent from. You can also setup custom email address using any of these methods:
If you use the a Mandrill SMTP account it will show a From Email field. If when settign up the sutoresponder a field is not selected on From Email option, any email address entered while setting up the SMTP will be the from address. So, no problem there.
- Reply-to Email: Here you can enter the same email address that is in the Sender Email.
- Recipient E-mail: Here choose the Email field of your form. Where the Autoresponder will be sent to. Also where the form user enter his/her email address.
Finally click on Next and then choose Finish.
And that's it.
If you need further assistance, let us know.