- jredekoppAsked on July 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I am from Canada...when I follow your steps I get an API credential error. InPaypal I am given two options for Setting up API permissions and credentials:
Option 1 - Grant API permissions to a third party to use certain PayPal APIs on your behalf.
Choose this option if:
You are using a pre-integrated shopping cart, hosted by a third party Your website is hosted and managed by a third-party service provider
Option 2 - Request API credentials to create your own API username and password.
This option applies to:
Custom websites and online stores Pre-integrated shopping carts running on your own server
Option 2 does not work as I get an API credential error and thus Option 1 is the logical choice considering htis is a 3rd party solution. However for Option 1 it asks me for the 3rd party username to grant acess! What do I enter here?
Really need an answer asap!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 01:40 PM
You would need the Option 2 "View API Signature".
Can you please send us a screenshot of the said error? We can easily identify and give you the solution if we'd know it.
- jredekoppAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 01:52 PM
I added screenshots to original post
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 02:18 PM
Thank you! A different interface. Can you please try to access this URL: https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-api-signature.
See if you will be landed to the same page for API Signature.
1. Profile > Selling Tools: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view
2. API Access > Update: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-api-access
3. API Access Page > API Signature: https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-api-signature
- jredekoppAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 02:22 PM
when i click the last link I get the same page as I added in the screenshot...nothing says sugnature only fingerprint. Again when I select https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-api-signature I get the exact screenshot as above fpor paypal.
- jredekoppAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 02:25 PM
wait think i got it
- jredekoppAnswered on July 17, 2013 at 02:26 PM
my bad fixed...thanks for awesome support!